BOTAK JONES & JB TRIP PLUS SOME UPDATES
BOTAK JONES (AMK)


JB TRIP DURING DEEPAVALI




I think I am becoming a pig........ cos been pigging out a lot............. that's why my blog resembles a food blog now.........haiz............ why are there so many good food around? Gluttony is a sin.......

Anyway, we had the highly recommended western food at Botak Jones (AMK) for dinner on Monday. I was especially excited cos I heard so much about it! And we just found out that they had opened another branch in Woodlands.............somebody stop me please!!!!!!!!!!!! Gil, Kei, Von. Les & us were rather satisfied with our meals and below was the verdict together with the description on BJ's menu:

1) Fish & Chips - BJ says, "This is the most popular item on the whole menu. Like almost everything else on the menu, we make it ourselves. this is premium pacific dory (not the cheap cream one). We season the fish then bread it with japanese bread crumbs. It is always fresh because we try to make only enough to sell in one day."

I say, "This was indeed the most popular item. almost every table had at least a plate of this premium pacific deep fried dory fish...haha! We asked for extra fries with cheese for the 2 plates of Fish & chips that we ordered. We had to pay $2 for the cheese but the extra fries were free. We also ordered a Sauteed Shitake mushroom side dish........... I liked them alot altho' the portion is a little too tiny for the 4 of us..... von hates mushrooms so she's not counted! The cheese fries wasn't as good as we imagined cos it tasted too soggy and chewy when the fries cooled down....... should just stick to the spicy fries! The fish were fresh and crispy....... it's the ladies' fave 8/10."

2) Cajun Chicken - BJ says, " This is the second most popular item. After you get over the shock that chicken breast can be tender and juicy when cooked properly, you realized that it also absorbs flavor, which the leg and thigh do not. These are char-grilled with mozarella cheese and topped with our spicy cajun sauce."

I say, "BJ is right to say it it the second best cos not every table has this...... hee! Even though the chicken breast was tender and juicy, my die-hard fan of thighs and legs hubby (sound so wrong......keke..............) still didn't like it...... what to do....men are hard to please! But all of us thinks it good altho' it none of our fave. We love the spicy fries more than the chicken........ aw........... it's just so shiok! Will order more of these fries the next time! Chicken 7/10 Fries 9/10."

3) Giant Pork Italian Sausage - BJ says, "Whilst looking for a new and exciting large alternative to the tiny bratwurst we had offered, we stumbled onto andre and ryan huber. They make these monsters and they are so go-o-o-od!"

I say, " Whilst looking at the menu for a new and exciting alternative to the tiny bratwurst we had tried, we stumbled onto the word "GIANT". This monster was scary & spicy but it was so go-0-0-od 8/10!"

4) Australian Ribeye Steak - BJ says,"In an attempt to raise the stakes (a little pun), we have upgraded to a better quality Australian beef. We trim the whole ribeyes, hand marinate and tenderize them (without chemicals), then cut them in 200gm, 300gm and 400 gm portions. These are fresh, fun and flavorful. These come with our own brown black pepper gravy."

I say, "I don't really like beef but still managed to gobbled down a tiny piece. Not much comments except that it's tender and bloody. The guy's fave...... I think they just love blood and gore........puke......... Tom rated it 7/10."

Since it is at a coffee shop, don't expect high chairs or comfortable environment. I had to carry Joash and eat with one arm. We also left the place smelling like grilled beef. BUT........... I will definitely go back again....maybe in Woodlands instead!

Yesterday, we went JB to celebrate Deepavali.....haha.....no la..... we were there to eat, shop and top up Mich's petrol. We bought some deep fried stuff (the mushrooms were juicy and crispy and I loved the fish thingy too!) outside Holiday Plaza before heading to Lavendar Cafe for lunch. Our meal was simple and enjoyable plus cheap! Not going to comment much cos it just normal food altho' we thot the baked rice was one of the best we had ever tried. After lunch, we went shopping at City Square. We bought some make-up and t-shirts from our fave Christian store..... Gil is their regular customer.... everytime we are there, she will buy at least one shirt from them....I think she has more than 10 of their shirts! Tea break was at Secret Recipe. We always "ta bao" their cakes home. But this time their service was so bad that we refused to pay for service charges. We reached Singapore about 7.30 pm and went back to slack plus dinner.

Updates and some thots:
1) My brows are gone........ ok...... I mean some parts of it............ you will not be seeing my pics until they grow back....... in the meantime....... I am relying heavily on eyebrow pencil......... sad..............

2) I am so pissed today.........grrrrrrr............... one of my cell members was very sick and was coughing away............. he even told us that he took 2 courses of antibiotics but still couldn't recover............. why didn't he tell us earlier??????? Don't mistaken me..... I love him but not his virus............. I just hope nothing will happen to anyone of us................ think I will not be going to cell at his place until next month............. YES, I AM SUPER PARANOID!

3) Friendships with no strings attached...... is it possible????? I believe we have expectations of our friends........... I think the good ones like being caring, considerate, honest.....etc.........are impt. Sometimes, you can be misunderstood when you're too close to someone................... others think you have an ulterior motive for being friends...............maybe it's jealousy, maybe it's just plain "busybodyness"....whatever it is....... it is digusting to me................ sigh............

4) If you can have one wish, what will that be? (not allow to wish for more wishes!). Mich & Gil wished for a man that they can be with for the rest of their lives. Tom & I wished for unlimited supply of $$$$$$$$$.................... haha................. want to know why? Ask us.

5) I love Facebook. Managed to hook up with some of my classmates from secondary school and we're planning a reunion soon............. can't wait!

6) I am officially on leave from Children's Ministry till June.......... have been asking them to release me from Leadership position cos I felt redundant............anyway.......not successful......... so have to pray and seek for directions again.............

7) Bought Joash some toys....go see his blog for pics and vids.

8) Missing some friends................ wondering how is she? Wondering where is he? Thinking of those good times...............

9) I feel like Japanese........ I mean the food....Kuishinbo................ yum yum........ ok...... will take a break from food......... till Christmas............

10) Life is too short to live alone without someone to call my own............. love is in the air.......... hope the air's not polluted! Relationships............. who's mature and who's not................... give it a thot. Do what you know is right........... then again......... the heart is deceitful beyond all things...................

Feeling sleepy now......... think my next post will be on my "exs" with their pics and my ugly nerdy pics too ......... hee.......... have been wanting to write something about relationships but just too lazy to type out my thots........... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 11/10/2007 12:00:00 AM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors