DINNER AT FORTUNE CUISINE PLUS UPDATES





On Thursday, we wanted to have steamboat At Chin Huat restaurant in Clementi but we found out it had been converted into a seafood restaurant....haha.......... We also met Alicia....really small world! She was having dinner with her family. We were a little disappointed but at the same time, we noticed that there were several other eateries so we decided to explore the place. To out greatest joy, we found a Charcoal BBQ cum Steamboat International Buffet Restaurant with a very oriental name, Fortune Cuisine. The restaurant was spacious and crowded. So we got ourselves a place outside........yup....alfresco style (you can dine indoors but no BBQing..... think they will do it for you if you asked!). I find the place very well-decorated for a HDB Restaurant and I was rather impressed with the variety of food. Most importantly, they had baby chairs....if not how to cook and eat our food! Here's the comments:

1) Soup Base - It's a 2-sided steamboat. We had the herbal and "mala" soup. The herbal soup was ok but will need to put lots of ingredients in to make it sweet. As for the "Mala" soup, I stop at 1 bowl.......... I think it tasted strange. Yvonne felt that it wasn't as spicy as it should be. Herbal after ingredients are in - 7/10. Mala - 1/10, 1 for being edible!

2) The Charcoal BBQ - This was my first time BBQing my food in a restaurant........ I only do that at chalets! It was a refreshing change from the usual hotplate grill tho' all of us smell "smoky" after dinner. 8/10 for the new experience.

3) Cooked Food & Sashimi - There were sushi, hand-rolls, buckwheat noodles, fried rice with lots of spring onions (yucks!), stir fired dishes (flower crabs & chicken) plus sashimi. Tommy loved the hand-roll so much that he ate 6 of them! I thot it was nice too but I am not going to fill myself with rice at a buffet...so I took 2 of it......... tho' I still felt like having more...yummy! The buckwheat noodles was too sweet for my liking and the rest of the cooked food were ok. We had loads of salmon sashimi too. 7/10

4) The Raw Food - I find their seafood (crayfish, prawns, crabs...... etc) fresh and sweet. Kei only wished that the prawns were bigger..... I thot the size was fine. All of us like the well-marinated chicken....... tasted so "shiok" after BBQing. The rest of the food........ all the balls .....haha.......vege & mushrooms were alright. 7/10

5) Desserts & Drinks - I did not try the cakes but Jo had them..... actually more like squashed them! They looked fine to me. I had some Cookies & Cream and Raspberry ice-cream..... a good dessert to end our "heaty" meal. I liked the wide choices of drinks. They had the usual soft drinks (rootbeer, F&N cherry.....eyc), ice lemon tea, coffee and lots of other flavoured tea. I had rootbeer to go with my food and a cup of Black-current tea to end my meal. 7/10

At the end of our dinner, I asked them to rate the food here....... Kei 8/10, Yvonne 7/10, Tommy 7/10 and I 8/10. Oh, as for the prices, Adults $22.80+++, Kids $12.80+++ and if you're a student, you only pay $16.80+++ when you dine between Mon-Thurs. Tommy felt that it was expensive (as usual!) but I felt that it was reasonaable for the kind of food they served there. We left the place smelling like charcoal but we were all satisfied with our unexpected meal in this restaurant. We will be back when we crave for steamboat again!

The Address:
Fortune Cuisine (Charcoal BBQ & Steamboat International Buffet)
Blk 106 Clementi St. 12
#01-38A/B Singapore 120106

Joash had been very cranky and grouchy for the whole of this week. His nap time were shorter and he always woke up crying. During the day, he would throw tantrums and insisted that we carry him all the time. At night, we had to carry him in our arms until he slept before we could put him in the playpen without struggles. This boy is really testing my patience...... btw, I am carying him and typing at the same time now....... so annoying...........grrrrrr!!! I hope this is only a phase or maybe even teething......... sure hates it when he is in this cranky state.....it's driving me crazy!!!!

Ok, enough of complaints, here's some lame jokes by Roy during cell's ice-breaker yesterday....it's not very funny.............

1) Why don't birds in a nest ever disagree?
Ans: They don't want to fall out.

2)Why aren't ghosts good at telling lies?
Ans: You can see thru' them.

3) Doctor, doctor, I can't sleep at night.
Ans: Lie on the edge of the bed. You'll soon drop off.

4) Doctor, doctor, I feel like a wall.
Ans: Don't worry. you'll soon get over it.

5) Doctor, doctor, I feel like a pair of curtains.
Ans: Pull yourself together.

6) Why do cleaners makr good language learners?
Ans: They're always picking things up.

7) Did you hear about the stupid terrorist?
Ans: He burnt his lip on the exhaust pipe whilst trying to blow up a bus.

9) Who is always being let down by his mates?
Ans : A deep sea diver.

As you can tell, my cell is pretty fun....... but only if you enjoy corny and lame jokes!!!

My sis visited us in the morning. Joash had a fun time with her. He gave her lots of kisses and made her day! Check out his blog for more pics of them. www.tomsum.blogspot.com

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 10/12/2007 11:42:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors