2 BABY 1ST MONTH CELEBRATIONS IN ONE DAY PLUS OTHER PICS

I was awaken yesterday morning by loud music and noises cos the RC had organized a Children's Day Party for the residents in my area. Joash slept thru' despite the noisy party. I took a few pics from my place. I think Joash will enjoy it especially the bubbles part.......too bad, he got up late.

We also attended 2 baby 1st month celebrations yesterday. And both start and end at the same time....... so we had to rush from one place to another. Joash seemed to enjoy the crowd especially the kids. We were at Baby Ashur's party (Mimi's boy) in the morning. He was such an angel. Everyone could carry him and he would stare at you for a long time. Eventually, he got tired and fell asleep quietly on the bed. So sweet ya? I missed those times when Jo will sleep and eat (but not the crying....no thanks pls!) when he was a new born. Now I have become his personal nutritionist, entertainer and PE teacher...phew!! We brought Joash home for his nap before rushing off to Baby Faith's party (Huiling's girl) in the afternoon.

The party was like a reunion with my previous church mates from HMC. Everyone has grown up....... almost all are married and have kids! I can just recalled those days when we were actively serving in Youth Ministry and screaming our hearts out for Jesus....... now we are all reduced to screaming at our kids..... haha! I took some pics of them (esp for Ale to see!). Hwee Bee was like a big sis to me when I was working in HMC. I really like her a lot....so sweet and gentle! Then comes the sweet gal Eileen who used to lead songs and play the guitar plus keyboard (still playing!) who has turned into a hot mama with a 15 mth old girl. Su ling was there too with her BF........ late as usual...... but still as toned and pretty.All of us have changed so much. Someone told us that we looked exactly the same as 10 years ago....haha....how could that be! Huiling had her hair permed..... she reminded me of those moms who get their hair permed after having a baby......hee! But she still looked as sweet tho'. Can't belive she's a mom now......... always felt that she was like a little girl...... shopping for her Eeyore (I think she still does!)and "tehing" away.....hmm............ sounds a little like me....... oh gosh, we're so "child-like"....... refusing to grow up despite the fact that we're moms.........haha! She's also as paranoid as me cos she doesn't allow anyone to take pics of her girl with flash (I took one and kena scolding..haha!)......... I was like that and still am when Jo was a tiny baby! I call it maternal instinct.....we just want to protect our babies...... what's wrong with that???? Baby Faith was sleeping most of the time. Her MIL kept telling Tommy & I to teach the couple how to take care of their baby girl. We know they will turn out fine without any help...... that's how all first time parents learnt......thru' trial and error.....and we hate it when other people try to poke their irritating noses into our biz......... plus we don't want to risk getting punch from Huiling......keke We left about 6 pm.

Mich , Ken & Gil were at our place watching DVDs. They had to wait cos absent minded Tommy (as usual) had forgotten (even after I reminded him 4 times!!!!) that we were supposed to leave the house by 4 plus cos the celebration end at 6 pm. He thot that the party starts at 6.30pm!!! So poor Mich and Ken had to wait at home for us. Anyway, we were exhausted by the end of the day.

Below is a video of Ken setting his "heart" on fire last week when we brought Jo out to "ti tern long" (lantern).



Go see Joash's blog for more pics and videos of him celebrating Mid-autumn Festival.
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 10/01/2007 02:20:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors