PRATAS........ FOOD AGAIN!

Yes....it's food again....... this time we had dinner at The Prata Place along Upper Thomson Rd next to Hans on Sunday. We had PRATAS....... of course...... what else!!!!!!! Some of us had cravings for crispy pratas the day before and decided that this prata restaurant will be the ideal place cos they serve crispy and special pratas. Actually, this is my second time there. Here's my comments about this place:

1) Ambience: No ambience. But it is airconditioned and they provide baby chairs. I don't really like the smell there cos you will end up smelling like pratas! You can find quite a crowd there in the evening. Service is ok.

2) Food:

a) Drinks: Gil had Teh Halia, Tommy had Teh Si, Daryl Ice Coffee with Milo (sounds like Mocha to me!), Ken and Jerome had canned drinks and I ordered a very lovely and sweet looking Strawberry Lassis (how many "s" are there in this word????). Everyone liked what they ordered except ME! This is one of those drinks that look pretty but taste like vomit...... so sour and stinky........ no more lassis for me! In the end, I had to order Ice Milo to be on the safe side...... doesn't pay to be adventurous......

b) The Chicken Mutabak without Onions: We had to special order a chicken (I only eat chicken....no beef, mutton or any other fanciful stuff!)mutabak without onions cos I hate them....... thankfully the rest of the gang were fine with having no "bawang".....love them. This prata is exceptionally crispy for a mutabak but I felt they should be more generous with the fillings.......... But it's still a must try for crispy mutabak lovers. 8/10

c)The Kong Song Prata: I always love plain pratas...... the best that I have ever had was at Jalan Kayu . The plain pratas here were quite crispy but not as good and crispy as the JK ones. Still I finished every morsel of it...... hee....... 7/10

d) The Fish Curry: We wanted chicken and fish curries but they served us the fish curry only. Btw, like I mentioned above, no fanciful stuff for me.....especially mutton curry...... the thot of it makes me feels like puking now! The curry was spicy and sourish (cos they added assam)....... I like it cos the pratas will not be that "ja lat" with the sour taste. No one complained so must be good! 7/10

e) The Egg Prata: This is my fave cos I have never tasted a crispy egg prata..... most egg pratas are chewy with a strong eggy taste but this one is so, so, so fantastic........ crispier than the plain ones........ I love it....... I could just have these alone! 10/10

f) The Cheese Prata: Jerome ordered this with his egg prata. He had a strange way of eating them. He likes to eat them together: both cheese and egg prata in one mouthful! I couldn;t resist asking for a piece from him and he graciously let me have it.....haha! Nothing special, just cheese and prata....... the taste is rather predictable....... very ordinary. If you like cheese, order it. 7/10

g) Bomb Prata: It just means Prata coated with sugar. Daryl had this with his egg prata. All of us took a bite. I thot it was good..... sweet and crispy....like the japanese sugar pastry..... this is for the sweet tooth! 8/10

h) Plaster Prata: This is a funny prata with a funny name...... no, you won't see plasters on it...... just prata wrapped with egg....... the prata is plastered with egg....that's all......haha...... did not try this but it should taste almost like egg prata except that's less crispy. Kenneth had this and he seemed rather satisfied. No ratings cos never try it.

i) Red Bean Prata: This seems like a lady's prata cos amlost all the guys don't like red beans except Daryl. I am fine with red beans. Gil loves red beans. I still prefer the Red Bean Prata at New Park Hotel....... super yummy! But the crispiness compensated for the plain tasting red beans. I think it's ok to order if you want to try something different. 7/10

j) Banana Prata: This is one prata that you will either love it or hate it cos not everyone likes bananas (right Bel?? Don't puke!) but I love it....... I love bananas....... in almost everything.......banana cakes, bananan ice-cream and even banana peanut butter! SHIOK! 9/10

As you can see, pratas are no longer the same .......we used to be satisfied with just plain or egg pratas with curry and sugar...... now we are spolit for choice! The chefs are getting more creative....... I will definitely go back for more when I have cravings for pratas again.... this time I want to try the mushroom prata, chocolate prata, strawberry prata, paper prata, combi prata (egg, tomato and cheese!)............. etc!

We had the famous prawn noodles and sting rays at Adam Rd hawker centre on Sat (before we had pratas the next day....hee hee!). And desserts was at Island Creamery........ice-creams....... am I turning into a glutton.......btw, the ice-creams were delicious.... we had Very Berry (my fave), Kahlua Latte and Cookies & cream........ we bought tubs of them. We look kind of out of place cos we seemed to be the oldest...... and with a baby....... sad........ a great place for eye candy......I mean for the younger ones...........go try it.....it's at Serene Centre, near to Adam Rd Hawker Centre. Tommy just finished the remaining Fresh Banana Ice-cream (from Island Creamery) in the fridge........ sigh...... see I am not the only one who is greedy!

Signing off with my OTO Trimax around my waist......sweet dreams!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 9/18/2007 10:52:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors