SECRET


I watched Jay Chou's movie "SECRET" this afternoon on Youtube ....... good movie and superb musical talents ....... Jay Chou is so talented! I don't used to fancy him but I think I am in love with him now! I like the theme song...... see above MTV....it's my fave song for now........hee!

Rain, the lead actress did something something that reminded me of Tommy...... she likes to poke Jay's cheek playfully when he's unaware....... Tommy used to do that and he still does....... not only to me but to others as well..... childish or cute.......you decide......haha!

I was extremely impressed with the way they played the piano........ The duel between Jay and another pianist was one of the highlight for me ......... *drool*.... and the duet between Jay & Rain was so romantic........ sweeter than honey...........

After the show, I was imaginng myself on the grand piano....... actually more like day-dreaming........... come to think about it....... I did have a chance to play the piano...or rather...the organ and keyboard......... here's my journey with music:

7 years old - I played the trumpet (don't laugh pls!) but has to stop becos of bronchitis....... sad........ so to compensate my loss, my parents enrolled me into an organ class........ I was the only kid in the class......... and I kept wanting the attention of my teacher ....... till my parents felt embarrassed and took me out....... double sad.........

17 years old - I signed up for classical guitar lessons with Yamaha cos I thot it would be so "stylo" to play a guitar........ hee! I stopped when a friend wanted to get a famous guitarist to teach a group of us....... he was the top 5 guitarists in Singapore......... I almost always held my breath whenever he played. My first guitar was given by someone in the group and it is still with me! Subsequently, everyone started to lose interest and the guy who gave me the guitar seemed to be in love with me........ quite a scandal then......... that's another story for another day.......... but I did continue to play the guitar on my own.


18 years old - I decided that musical instruments may not be my cup of tea so I turned to singing instead....... actually I sang a lot since young cos some of my relatives were singers in pubs and my dad could sing very well........ did I mention my bro won a Karaoke competition, my mei mei used to learn opera and my mom works in a KTV in CC........ so no escape for me.......... I used to sing in school and church too. One fine day, my church hired a professional vocal trainer to prepare us for a Christmas event at Sogo that year. All of a sudden, we were training very hard for a couple of months..... my singing improved tho' my instructress kept telling me to control my volume......... Although I love singing (loudly), I was still hoping to play an instrument of my own.

20 years old
- I had a sudden interest in the keyboard so I took up an intensive course with City Music. To my great disappointment, it was like a gimmick to "force" us into buying their computerised keyboard...... I couldn't play a single chord without the lights on the keys tho' I was one of the best students in class. That's the end of my "sudden interest"! BUT I was also dating my then boyfriend and now hb who was a musician in church. I joined his guitar class and at last, I can play something proper with the guitar....... at least I felt it was good enough for myself and God to listen......keke! I am not ambitious you know........ can play can alr!

Now that I am 30 (old hor??), I can only dream about playing other instrument........ actually, I had a "secret dream" (no one knows about it, not even my hb and bf) ......... and that is ....... to play the Bass Guitar......... a female bassist........ wow............ cool ya? Ok, now it's no longer a secret but this dream will continue to be a dream cos I don't have the time and energy to take up this instrument.....plus I am setting up a company next year, Btw, my company's name may be changed to "Crayons College" instead of "Curious Capers" cos "caper" has some not so nice meaning to it......... it's may mean more than a fruit....... nevermind......

Before I end this post, I would like to encourage all my young friends out there to pursue your dreams while you're still young before all the other things like marriage and kids tie you down......... yup...... pursue it passionately...... ok go watch "SECRET" on Youtube and be awed by it..... for the emotional people....... put a box of tissue beside you just in case you need it........oh...... wait wai wait....... I still have one last thing to show.......... CP has new stuff........ my fave prawns......er....... shrimps....whatever...........they even have such creative names........ see below.......ok ok.....good nite!


posted by "Sum" Teacher at 9/10/2007 10:38:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors