MY WEEKEND






Friday - Cell was at our place and we had a long discussion about how we could have a better and more organized cell meeting. Since most of our kids had grown up (we had a baby bloom 3 years ago till now), all felt that it's time for more discipline...haha....... I am one of those that need that.....keke! So in the end, we decided on a separate program for the kids (cos they're too noisy!) and a new schedule for the CG. Cell meetings will be held at our place for now.......yeah....... cos our place is the most convenience tho' it's a little cramp for a 4 families cell! We also set up a fine system for late-comers.....$5 for being late....."heng"...... it's at my place!

Saturday & Sunday - I had a 2 days Jolly Phonics & Jolly Grammer workshops on Sat & Sun. The workshops were so expensive...... $500 plus...... but the free gifts were good....... I think the $$$ was actually used for the gift. The sweet trainer from Perth was very experienced and warm........the lessons were great too. I spent lots of $$$ on the materials and even bought some story books for Joash. At the end of the workshops, we were awarded with certificates. I might even be selected (only by invitation!) to attend her "Training to be a Jolly Phonics/Grammer Trainer For Teachers" workshop cos the organiser had a conversation with me and she found out that I had great interest in kids and education so she took down my name & email addy. Hopefully, they will call me in November! Can't wait to start my own biz.......... going to "transform" my house soon....... ya dear??????

We had dinner at Hotel Windsor on Saturday. It was our first time there. Actually Tommy & I chanced upon this place while we were on the road some time ago. Tommy was attracted to the price ....... $9.80+++ for teochew porridge buffet while I was curious about what they would served for that price....... talk about different frequencies.......haha! The food was ok....... nothing very special....... but edible...... I like the fish....had about 3 of that. I was surprised to see prawns......... although I felt that they were not fresh so did not had much. Desserts were just fruit and ice-cream. I like the coffee ice-cream tho'........strange right?....... Bitter-sweet....... no frills....... just ice-cream. Joash had loads of ice-cream too till he pooed twice in the restaurant! The best part about the place was the big dining area and lighting......... they even provided a huge high-chair (like throne) for Prince Joash! Unfortunately, we agreed that this was probably our first and last time there.....still felt that Crystal Cafe and Quality Hotel were better.

Dinner was at IKEA on Sunday. It's been a long time since we had their yummy meatballs and chicken wings. I had 2 cups of coffee and was still able to sleep.......... hmm....... I think I am beginning to enjoy coffee...... first coffee flavoured ice-cream......then coffee with milk......... oh no....... got to stop before I become addicted!


Here's 2 pics of my "romantic" tea-break with Nicky while waiting for Evan at Bishan coffee shop. This sweetie pie picked me up at Braddell after my workshop...... Thanks Nicky..... you're the sweetest!



HEART-SHAPED SANDWICH WITH KAYA AND BUTTER PLUS A GLASS OF CHESTNUT DRINK

Oh, before I end this post, here's a "lucky" number for all 4D buyers (die....sure kena if some "holy" people see my post!)...anyway....if you win ...... don't forget me....haha!

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 10/08/2007 11:37:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors