JUST LOTS OF STUFF..........
DINNER AT ADAM RD HAWKER CENTRE

I wanted to update earlier but this week had been real busy and tired. Anyway, the above pics are from last Sunday. We had the famous Adam Rd Prawn Mee with Gillian. Although I had it many times, I don't seem to get sick of it. The noodles are just right in texture (al dente!) and it's a perfect match with the super spicy sambal chilli. The prawns were juicy & sweet. The ribs were ok....maybe I am not much of a rib eater...haha..... probably, I was made from a rib......hahaha....just being lame here! But the best part got to be the soup.................... It's a cocktail of fresh prawns "juices" and sweet pork bones broth.......... heavenly............. I feel like having a bowl of it now.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................

After dinner, we went to Island Creamery for ice-cream. That was my 2nd time there. Lucky for us, there weren't many people. We had a relaxed and enjoyable time just chatting and playing with Joash. You can see more of his pics at IC on his blog.

PICS TAKEN BY ESTHER AND SOME PICS OF TOES!


Yup, all the pics (except from the toes onwards) were taken by a 3 year old girl. I must say she's real good at it! And she managed to captured all my right angles...haha!

We were at Holiday Plaza (JB) on Wednesday to help Mich top up her petrol and also to look out for some pira..........oh......... just something for Daph........... hee hee....... dinner was at KFC....Tommy was whispering , "cheap cheap cheap" throughout our meal! Gil & I had a pedicures. Love the feeling of having beautiful toe nails. There was a raid that day at the shopping centre so the place was rather quiet. I think we might be going in again on Thurday!

SATURDAY & SUNDAY

We had a happy but shocking news on Saturday. I think by now, most people would have know....... yes, SIMON & E-VON are an item now! Told them I will make an annoucement on my blog .......haha....... and they gladly pose for a pic for me.....what an interesting couple! Tom & I were very happy for them. Found out from Facebook that another of my long time friend (17 years!) is attached might be getting maried soon..............Looking at them reminded me of my dating days............... SWEET!

This evening, we celebrated my dad's BD at Jumbo Seafood Centre. I had not been there for years and it had really changed so much! I almost couldn't recognised the place. The restaurant had also grown much larger and now, they even have air-con...... ok......... I know I sounded like a country pumpkin........ hey, I stayed in Woodlands......... East Coast is too far for us........... JB is nearer....... we can have yummy seafood there at a much lower prices! My dad ordered 10 dishes for 8 of us................ thank God, I wore tights! Gil was at East Coast too. She wanted to cycle but the rental shop was closed for biz. So she had dinner at BK and walked around the park. Poor girl, she had to wait for us. Btw, my parents were so jealous that Joash loved her more than they....hee..... ok here's my ratings for the food:

1) Deep Fried Tofu with Broccoli and Shimeiji Mushrooms - The crispy tofu goes well with the thick mushroom sauce and broccoli. My favouritte part of the dish got to be the shimeiji mushrooms..........I know mushrooms don't melt in the mouth but these really did! Ok...........maybe I was exaggerating a little here ...... but you need only to chew a little and voila......... it's gone in less than 10 secs! HAHAHA....... 7/10

2) Stir Fried Spinach with Dried Shrimps and Garlic - Everyone loves this dish. This was my first time trying spinach cooked in a different way from the usual ikan bilis and garlic. I will not get sick of eating this vege dish....think will order this again the next time! 9/10

3) Mee Goreng - Just Mee Goreng....... nothing to rave about...... except that I thot it was a little too sweet for my liking. 5/10

4) Prawns with Salted Duck Egg Yolk Sauce - I had this prawn dish at Crystal Jade. I felt that Jumbo had a better version. When my bro & I saw this dish, we were rather skeptical cos we thot that there were parsley in it (we hate them!). But after much poking and tasting, we concluded that it was actually capsicum....phew! As some of you know by now, I love prawns! And this dish was fantastic. The sauce was creamy and tasty......... but those who doesn't enjoy salty food might not like it..... anyway....... out of the 10 pieces, I gobbled 3 of it down........ I know I am greedy........ 8/10

5) Chilli Crabs - Not as spicy as chilli crabs should be! Nothing special at all....... but the gravy was good enough for my Man tous. I had 2 (the legs...I prefer legs than pincers.....haha!) of this dish only. There were left overs and my dad had to finished then up. 6/10

6) Black Pepper Crabs - It was spicy but not "hot" enough to attact my attention........ I had only one little leg. 5/10

7) Fish in special Sambal Sauce - The fish was rather crispy and fresh. The spicy gravy is good too. But I don't think it's something I would order again. Just not my fave. 6/10

8) Crispy Noodles with Shredded Chicken Mushrooms - Joash loved this noodles. He ate 2 tiny bowls of it. I think it was simple and nice too. Maybe I enjoy eating "Sung Mee" but by the time this dish was served, I was already quite full. So can't really give a very honest comment of it. I might rate it higher If there was more space in my tummy. 7/10

9) Scallops in Mini Yam Rings - I liked the yam rings more than the tiny scallops (they cut the scallops into halves!). Another common but creative idea to make it into smaller rings so that it would not be so "je lat". 8/10

10) Deep Fried Baby Squids - This is one dish that I love most when I was a kid. I like the crispy and sweet taste. It's so appetising. BUT........... why must they served it last!!!!!!! In the end, I could only accomodate a few pieces into my stomach. So can't tell if it's really good ......grrrrrrrrrrr........... 7/10

We were given a complimentary fruit platter for dessert. The service were alright but I felt that the food came a little too slow and the order of serving seems rather strange...... how can they serve squids last......... it should be the noodles or maybe the crabs.......... overall, I still prefer "No Frills Crabs" Restaurant. Their crabs are really good!

Ok, I've got to go to bed now...it's 2 plus....and my eyes are closing....nite!

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 11/05/2007 12:38:00 AM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors