PINKY RESTAURANTS AND YUMMY HOME-COOKED FOOD
MISS CLARITY CAFE




TONG SHUI CAFE



PINK! PINK! PINK! Pink is the theme of the 2 cafes that we dine in last week! No wonder I am in a lovey dovey mood.....hee hee. We finally had a chance to visit one of the most raved about cafe at Upper Thomson. It's none other than the pretty Miss Clarity Cafe. Gil & I had been wanting to try their food....actually we were more interested in the decor...hee! I love the bright colours....... mainly pink (my fave!)......... sorry guys, I know some of you hate pink but you can bring yr gfs here or maybe yr laptops cos they have free broadband. The whole cafe has this girly feel to it and I like it....... cos I'm pretty girlish too...... ok...I know I am 30...... but I'm a still a girl at heart...keke! The communal toilet is pink with pink door, pink toilet brush and pink toilet bowl....haha I was just kidding about the toilet bowl......... it's white....I promised you won't become gay sitting on it! The walls of the restaurants are pink, most of their tables are pink and even the cups are pink. You just have to love pink to enjoy the ambience. One good thing for girly mamas like me is that they provide high chairs..... yeah (don't worry, it not pink tho' I wish it was..... Just the normal Ikea chair!). We took lots of pics altho' it was a little "paiseh". Alright so much for the decor, let me tell you about the food. We ordered 3 main courses plus $3 top up for the soup and desserts plus a side dish to share.

1) The Barley Drink - Bland and boring for me, too sticky and thick for Gil and strange for Tommy! As you can imagine, the drink was not consistent in taste and quality so we mixed all 3 cups and tried to make it more drinkable. 2/10

2) The Carrot Soup - Hmm.....we were wondering where's the carrot!!!!! It's not orange in colour and there wasn't any taste of carrot at all........weird???? 2/10

3) The Deep Fried Chicken Baked Rice - We didn't know the chicken was deep fried cos it wasn't stated in the menu. It looked rather appetising BUT...... looks are deceiving! I think the rice had an over-dose of tomato sauce...... it was too sour for our taste buds. There were also more chicken pieces then rice....... but we felt that the chicken were too crispy. This was one dish that we had a hard time finishing.....very "je lat". 4/10 for appearance

4) Fantasy Soft Shell Crab Pasta - This pasta dish is also the same.....nice to look at but not nice to eat! Definitely not something that I would fantasize about...haha! The pasta was too soggy..... I want it al dente!!!! The cream sauce was ok but in the end, it was the soft shell crab that saved the dish. Joash seemed to like the pasta....maybe it's soft and creamy enough for him to chew. 5/10 cos Jo liked it..... eat it if you have the same taste as him.

5) Roasted Chicken Leg with Potato & Mushroom Fricasee - We agreed that this was the best dish....... cos the potato & mushroom fricasee side dish was superb! The potato was cooked just right, not too soft, not too hard and it tasted sweet. The mushroom complimented the potato very well..... but the best part was the super duper yummy sauce! The chicken on the hand was tough and tasteless. It became our side dish instead. The potato thingy was so delicious that we requested for a special order. Gil & I simply loved it! We have decided to returned just for this potato & mushroom fricasee dish.....haha and maybe also to try some of their smoothies. Chicken 4/10 Potato & Mushroom 9/10 they could be a little more generous with the mushroom.....I am so greedy la!

On Saturday, we were back at Upper Thomson Road for dinner. This time it's Tung Shui Cafe. Although we (Gil & us again!) had been to this place but I hadn't a chance to blog about it. As you can tell from the pics, it's a pink theme cafe again but with oriental decor like red lamps and mini cheong sums. They served a wide variety of food, about 300 plus type! Gil & I wasn't very hungry (My tummy had acting strangely for the past few days.....ouch!.) so we had their famous Peanut and Condensed milk with Thick Toast. As usual, it was soooooo good and satisfying...... almost like a comfort food for us. I rated it 9/10. Tommy had the signature Baked Rice with Chicken Wings. The rice was fragrant and the sauce was tasty...... very appetising altho' Tom felt that the chicken wasn't fantastic. He rated it 7/10. We also ordered ice milk tea...... I think Ah Mei's Cafe still has the best ice milk tea. I rated it 7/10. We ordered a mango pudding for Joash. The pudding tasted ok but the mango bits were super sour..... but nevertheless he ate it all up except the mango of course. We will be back (several times) if we decided to try all their dishes...haha! 5/10 Btw, they have high chairs for kids too.




We had home-cooked food today. Everyone (Ken, Daryl, Jerome, Nicky, Mich, Gil & us) was excited and looking forward to it. Gil fried some "Chai Po" egg (my fave!) and sponsored 2 salted eggs, otah and pickeled mango..... the otah was one of the fastest going dish on the table and Tommy just kept chomping on the sweet & sour mango! Even Nicky who was not keen in having porridge ate 3 bowls of it and kept saying that the meal was way better than Killiney or Quality Hotel....haha! Kenneth brought a jar of salted chye sim....... it was Mich's fave. Daryl & Jerome bought drinks. I grilled some crispy luncheon meat and blanched a plate of mushroom-sauce broccoli with fried onions. We also bought a tin of dace fish....... I love to eat it with porridge....... yum yum and of course I cooked the porridge too. At the end of the meal, I grilled some fried CP chicken for everyone to try....they loved it. Overall, we had fun chatting and feasting on this "Ai Xin" dinner. This was also a mini party for Daryl before he got enlisted on Friday. We'll give him a big one on Thursday....Muahahahaha >evil grin<. Maybe we should have more of this home-cooked dinner.....cheap and good..... oh no, I am becoming like Tommy!

After dinner, we watched David Copperfield's (DC) magic shows on DVD and played some cards game. DC never fails to amaze me........ too bad his shows are cancelled becos of some sex scandal...... ai ya....so old alr still behave like that........ honestly, he is quite a charmer........ wonder how will it is like to be his GF......... flying to avoid jams........... walking thru' the room's wall......... how about elevated sex......goodness.....sorry....I told you before.........I have an over-imaginative mind! Some said that he sold his soul to the devil.......hmmmmm........... possible?? I don't really bother...... just love all his magic and humour when he performs. Our diners left about 11 pm after watching a documentary on coffin...hee....what an interesting way to end our time together.....spooky!

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 10/21/2007 02:55:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors