FAMILY, FRIENDS & THOTS
DINNER AT AUNTY ANNIE's PLACE

Fabulous dinner at my
Aunt's place last Wednesday.
My family never fails to find opportunities to meet up.
I really like cosy gatherings like this one and the
Laughters filled conversations as we dine, that's
Y I look forward to all the special occasions and birthdays.

VIDEO OF US LAOING YU SHENG





My family's slogan: A family that eats together, stays together!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Joash was sick for almost a week. He just recovered yesterday altho' he was still having a slight runny nose this morning. His sleeps were rather disturbed as he woke up in middle of the night and only went back to sleep after about 2 hrs. Yup, we were equally exhausted! We did not go on Thursday & Friday so that he could get ample rest.

Last Sunday, we visited Trinity Christian Church. The place is big and new........ like the nursery cos Jo enjoyed himself so much that he seemed really happy throughout the day. I think he caught his flu from there. It was a baptism service so we did not have a chance to see how their usual service was like. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the worship.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


These pics were taken during ice-breaker in cell the week before CNY. I was in charge of the ice-breaker. It was really interesting as everyone shared how they were feeling on that day by using clay to express.

Had cell last Friday. Told Gary about us exploring other churches. We want to find a place where I do not have to wake Jo up early so that he can also enjoy being in church. I hate attending to a grouchy tot.....it's better that he has ample sleep. Many had told us that we should train Jo to get up early on Sunday morning........ I find it almost impossible to have a happy tot and a stress-free mom if we were to wake up at 7 plus. Maybe I am just not as strong and independent as other moms...... I admit I am weak.............. but please stop telling me that I need to train him........ Honestly, I just don't see the point of doing that! Yup, this is the main reason why I am leaving for another place. I want to enjoy a full service too! I will definitely miss all my friends in church esp my cell and the young ones.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gil, Mich had a sleep-over at my place on Saturday. Watched "The Notebook" and cried a bucket! A touching story about a man who loved his wife so much that he read to her their love story everyday just to help her remember him........ she had dementia...... A good show to watch..... make you appreciate yr other half better. We had a heart to heart chat in the night. Ra & Daryl were supposed to join us but they couldn't make it last minute.

My Lead Pastor and Chinese Church Pastor will be stepping down in March......... a surprising news for many of us on Sunday. But somehow, it didn't seem to bother me....... like what Tom said, "People come people go, part and parcel of life esp in a Methodist church". So where are we heading? Not sure, anyway I am also leaving in March...... hmmm........... there's something about March!

After service, we celebrated Kuen's birthday at Bei Sheng. We bought him an Ultra man cake for $2.....hee...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY KUEN!




Ken, Gil, Tim & Ra went over to our place to watch some movies. I like Kung Fu Slam Dunk cos I find the show really sweet........ I think that was my 3rd time watching this Jay Chou's movie. Gil was crying so much when she watched CJ7....haha...... I cried that much too when I watched it for the first time...keke! In the evening, we had half boiled eggs and bread at Ya Kun cos I had craving for eggs...... no.... I am not pregnant!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We had dinner at Yuki Yaki, Marina Sq yesterday. I loved the ice-cream making part most. There were many varieties of "balls"..... ..... to choose from......... yummy! Their meat and fish were fresh and well-marinated. Their concept is a little like Seoul Garden but way better in terms of quality of food and creativity. Joash enjoyed the cooking too. Will be back again. Look at the pics and you will know why.


Some thots:

1) Maturity is not about age, it's about the acceptance of responsibility - Edwin Louis Cole

2) You are young once........... do what is right so that you will not regret what you have not done .......... or did!

3) No one is indispensable........ true or false?? I think sometimes we used this statement too carelessly.

4) Truth & love, we need to find a balance between the two.

5) Can we still feel the presence of God in our lives even when we're not serving...... do we need to be busy in order to feel spiritual?

A song that speaks of how I am feeling now:





THERE YOU'LL BE (FAITH HILL)
When I think back on these times
And the dreams we left behind
I'll be glad because I was blessed to get to have you in my life
When I look back on these days
I'll look and see your face
You were right there for me


In my dreams I'll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There always be a place
For you for all my life
I'll keep a part of you with me
And everywhere I am there you'll be
And everywhere I am there you'll be


Well you showed me how it feels
To feel the sky within my reach
And I always will remember all the strength you gave to me
Your love made me make it through
oh I owe so much to you
You were right there for me


In my dreams I'll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There always be a place
For you for all my life
I'll keep a part of you with me
And everywhere I am there you'll be


Because I always saw in you my light, my strength
And i want to thank you now for all the ways
You were right there for me
You were right there for me
For always

In my dreams I'll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There always be a place
For you for all my life
I'll keep a part of you with me
And everywhere i am there you'll be
And everywhere i am there you'll be
There you'll be

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 2/26/2008 03:51:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors