NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION?????? AND REFLECTIONS


The pics above were taken yesterday in JB. Yup, our first trip there for the year. We had Japanese food at Nippon Yutaimura, City Sq. The food were ok....... we preferred Kinsahi! The gyozas were the only food worth mentioning........ juicy and tasty.

Last night, I was doing some blog visiting and realised that most of my friends had already made their New Year's resolutions. I am not into making goals and resolutions cos I never seem to keep them! But if I could write down 10 resolutions, what would they be??? Maybe.........these.............

(In Random Order)
1. Lose 5 Kg by June 2008

2. 12 Kids for new biz by June 2008

3. Help Joash learnt the short vowel sound of all the alphabet by August 2008

4. Decide if I should continue to serve in Children's ministry by June 2008

5. Read the whole bible for the 4th time by the end of the year

6. Renovate my study room by Feb 2008

7. Finish reading 4 books by June 2008

8. Get Joash to be toilet trained by end of the year

9. Exercise at least twice a week by August 2008

10. Start preparing home-cooked food by August 2008

ok.....these are my top 10 resolutions...................... hopefully, they come to pass...keke!

Right now, I am busy preparing for Joash's 2nd birthday. I was writing out my guests list this morning and realized that it was super long despite the fact that I only invited those who had spent time with my son before. To date, it is about 60 plus people............... I am now trying to confirm the no. of people so that I can order the food. This year, his party will be st SAF Bungalow on 19 Jan. I am looking forward to it!

Starting my biz after CNY........ a little apprehensive but still trusting God for his providence.

Reflected a little about year 2007. These were what went thru' my mind:

1) All of us have feet of clay whether you behave super spiritual or not................even pastors and church leaders make mistakes and sin. Heard and seen too many stories................We need to stand on the ROCK OF ALL AGES.

2) Christian vs Non-christian - sometimes I felt that there are no difference, esp those who behave like a staunch Christian but deep inside, they have loads of hidden sins. I have lots of non christian friends who are more "righteous" and "authentic" than my christian ones. No wonder, people call us hypocrites.....sad. Some of my christian friends were discussing if getting non-christian guys would be better.............hmm......... my personal view is still a christian partner...................... I am talking about those who at least fear the Lord type tho' not perfect................. so that I can fully share my life with him......esp the spiritual bits................ I will have someone who can pray and believe in the Lord with me during difficult times and to rejoice with me when times are good! I don't want to close that part of my life with the person who is supposed to be my soul mate.

3) Trust - does it still stand???? Hate it when people asked me things like, "Don't you trust me, are you doubting me???" The bible says to trust in the Lord not men. I may trust you a little but not fully. At the same time, I know that I would not be disappointed when someone fails me. My trust is in Jehovah Rohi, God my Shepherd. But sometimes, I do wonder if I can still be vulnerable to people around me?

4) Close friends and family are important........... they are God's vessels to make my life more meaningful and enjoyable.


5) Can I still find people that I can share my dreams and life with over there............... not telling you where............. just there..............

6) Where do I go from here............. that big & beautiful new place we saw yesterday on the board.........maybe................ 2009?????

7) I am so blessed to have friends who really care and a family who loves me deeply. You know who you are......................Thank you so much.

A pic of my prince & I with messy hair taken this morning............. sweet ya?

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 1/03/2008 02:09:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors