AJISEN, FLU, PILATES & HOMEOPATHY

We had dinner (9 pm) at Ajisen yesterday after seeing a homeopath for my ezcema. We were the last few customers.........nothing much to blog about their food....... been there many times and still going back for their Pai Ku Ramen.......... I couldn't taste or smell anything cos my nose was extremely blocked! See pics for my food.

Yup, both Jo & I were down with a flu. I had a bad throat and a stuffy, sneezy nose. And last Saturday, I still had to prepare my kids for concert. Jo had fever today and a bad runny nose for the the past few days....... Gil & Mich thot he looked pitiful with mucus running down his nose....and yes, he licked them up too! Even tho' he wasn't well, he could still make up new "stunts" to entertain us and himself.....see his blog for more! My dear boy had been waking up 3 to 4 times a night for the past few days and we had to sleep with him (on the floor) till he fell asleep..........it didn't help that I am down with a flu and Tom had to leave early for work this week! Just hoping he will sleep thru' the tonight so that at least I can have a proper sleep.....I know, I know.....I should be sleeping now but I just couldn't........... heard a very bad news 5 mins ago ......................... I am now worried and shocked................ whenever I don't call, something like that happen.......... and oh........... Sunday was my BF's birthday............ terrible me.......... missed it again.... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! My nose and ears are so stucked with mucus......... I need a plumber!

OF PILATES AND HOMEOPATHY
Recently I have been hearing some controversies revolving these 2 subjects. Here are some personal thots and stuff I have found (I know I am threading on dangerous grounds......... woo):

I did Pilates before I had Joash cos I wanted to bring my blood pressure down so that I could have a smoother pregnancy . I enjoyed this sport very much but it was real, real tiring and tedious.......... so much muscle control............ as a result, I slimmed down too..... weighed only 47.5kg then.....do you see the vast difference in weight compare to now.......sad! Btw, I did it with a group of christians and a personal instructor in a church..........haha........personally, I have never regarded it as anything occult and I actually went to search for an answer before embarking into it. As usual, there were 2 school of thots regarding such issues so I found a website called "WATCHMAN FELLOWSHIP" and their mission was http://www.wfial.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=about.mission so I thot it's quite reliable since they were almost as old as me....hee! These were their investigations and the results of their researches concerning Pilates http://www.wfial.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=artGeneral.article_7 and I couldn't agree more......... I felt that we needed to be educated on such things so that we would not presume that it's occultic just because someone said it was! For your info, Pilates is used in ballet for muscle control and proper body posture......... those who learn ballet ....... BEWARE.....you may need deliverance...........sorry for being so sarcastic.......... I just couldn't help it......forgive me. But like what they wrote, we need to exercise discernment before joining any Pilates class.....got to watch out for things like meditation, strange usage of words....etc..........In my case, my instructress has never once used any spiritual words or any forms of meditations........ we were just told to control our muscles and stretch....... nothing else. I am waiting to go back for more when I have $$$....... I need my unlimited supply..........I can see Gil & Mich smiling when I mentioned the $$$........

On Homeopathy, I get so irritated whenever people said that it's cultish......... hey, the person practising it may not be christian just like our bosses and doctors are not christians.....to me, it's alright to take their medications......... there isn't any form of hynotism or strange mind controlliing method......... just sweet lumps of pills to suck on.......... I found a someone who agreed with me http://www.gotquestions.org/homeopathic-Christian.html . I came across this alternative treament method from a friend who was also a God-fearing lady....... anyway....... she got the help she needed from Homeopathy and saved a lot from unnecessary medical fees. For your info (again), do you know the root word (Greek) for "Pharmacist"...... it's "sorcerer" ...... don't believe me....... try "googling" for it! So are we saying that we dare to take medicine from a pharmacist, a sinseh but not from a homeopath.....hmmmmmmm.................... think twice before you see a doctor, you may need to collect your medicine from a "sorcerer".....being sarcastic again........ hate myself....haha! Btw, Pharmacists, I have nothing against you, I love you to bits for helping me (you know who you are!) thru' one of my most difficult times. I merely wanted to point out that we should not just believe or say something without checking first.

To sum it up, I like what A.R. Bernard (top 10 preachers in the US) preached. He taught on the Spiritual Discipines (PRAY, READING OF BIBLE & BIBLE STUDY, FASTING, THANKSGIVING, SOLITUDE, REPENTANCE, FORGIVENESS) and reminded us that we needed to be commited , fed on and nurtured by these 7 pillars in this dominant culture. He mentioned that we could learn their arts, sciences and even took on their names (like Daniel!) but we must have the above pillars in our lives so that we would be protected, empowered and to go out and MAD in every area of the societies! A big AMEN......... ya........must get back to those pillars!

*DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to create a riot neither am I establishing some theological truths nor new doctrines here. I am merely stating what I felt and found. I stand corrected if I am really wrong but you have to convinced me first. So pls read this post with a pinch of salt and don't quote me. Thank you!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 11/23/2007 12:41:00 AM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors