CHRISTMAS ISN'T CHRISTMAS............
My dear boy was down with stomach flu and I was infected with the same bug........ kept coughing till today................sian............. BUT I was determined to recover 90% before Christmas cos I had 2 parties to attend! Thankfully, my runny nose stopped by the eve although I was still coughing.

I have so much to update and uploading these 100 plus pics takes up a lot of my time............. anyway IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!


CHRISTMAS PARTY AT GARY'S HOUSE










TOMMY CUTTING TURKEY




Carolling 1




Carolling 2




We had a Cell Christmas Party on the eve at Gary's place. There were about 50 guests although it didn't felt like it cos his house was super big............ 4 storeys high! We invited our nieces and nephew. The food was also pretty decent with the usual Turkey & Ham and some local fare!

The Fun Quotient was on the low side. The songs on the CD were boring and unfamiliar. Most of the guests were 35 and above so the conversations revolved around stocks and shares. I was in charge of the ice breaker........... kind of knew that the guests would arrive late so only prepared 2 games ........... in the end, we played only one of them cos everyone were chatting away. As dinner was late (about 8pm), most of us were hungry so we were more interested in eating! But having the party in such a big and beautiful house compensated for the lack of fun. Some of us went around the house to take pics (esp at the attic with the open air toilet!). The carollers came at about 9 plus and liven up the whole place (tho' I thot I heard an "off key" voice....keke!).

We left the place about 10 plus and sent our N&N home. Poor Gil, her log cake was "forgotten" so we decided to turn back to Gary's place and collect it. Some of our young friends came over and stayed till the next day. And yes, we finished the cake in one sitting! Andrew joined us too....miss this guy....so glad to see him........ tho' he was as crappy as before...haha! We went out for Christmas lunch at Bei Sheng before heading home for a nap.









CHRISTMAS AT MY AUNT'S PLACE











We celebrated Christmas at my aunt's place. Although some of us couldn't be there, I still enjoyed myself thoroughly! We had to dressed in silver or gold clothing. I wore a shirt with silver sequins, Tom wore a shirt with silver words and my dear prince was in his CNY shirt....haha.......the only gold stuff he has!

The food was fabulous........... maybe becos it was home-cooked! There were butter prawns, curry chicken, fried bee hoon, glutinous rice..................etc. I loved the small but cozy gathering especially the crazy conversations that went around the dinning table.

Two weeks before Christmas, we played "Angel & Mortal" game at my mom's bd dinner. We were supposed to get a $20 gift for the person that we picked from the list of names. My SIL was my mortal and I bought her 2 shirts from JB. My dad was my Angel but he wasn't there cos he had to attend to some matters in Ipoh. Anyway, we were supposed to keep it a secret till Christmas day.

During gift exchange, we had to put on fanciful hats and take pics with our mortals and angels............ the fun quotient at this party was high! The music was great too. We stayed till about 10 pm and went back for another round of partying at my place with Gil, Mich & Ken.

That evening's party left a warm feeling in my heart................ truly Christmas isn't Christmas till it happens in your heart................... I think it's the love, joy & peace that makes this Christmas unforgettable.

BTW, tomorrow......rather today is Barn's birthday...........will update his blog with the last post later.

Found this version of the song "Christmas isn't Christmas" on Youtube.....think they sang it quite beautifully tho' the sound is not as clear.

CHRISTMAS ISN'T CHRISTMAS


posted by "Sum" Teacher at 12/27/2007 08:12:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors