A BUSY WEEK!
It has been a busy week for me. I spent 2 days cleaning Joash's room to get it ready for his new bed. I had to clean up the dust and lay his bed with clean sheets when it arrived yesterday. The room reminded me that my dear son has grown up so much in 2 years! After revamping his room, we proceeded to clean up the storeroom too. It was really messy and I had to throw lots of stuff away. Took us nearly 4 hours and we had dinner at about 9 pm. But looking at the organized storeroom did give us a sense of satisfaction...haha!

See the happy Jo sitting on his new bed. Do hop over to his blog to see his revamped room!

Let me go back to last week to show you why my week was bustling with lots of activities.

Last Thursday, we decided to give Von and Les a surprise birthday BBQ at my place. Well, guess they kind of guess it.... anyway we're glad that they enjoyed the BBQ. I prepared most of the food so was really tired after the whole thing! I must say the teriyaki chicken that I marinated was really yummy and think Von liked my fried bee hoon too. Even the ice-cream seller liked the wings. Kuen said my head grew big after all the compliments....lol!


Video of Von and Les at the cake cutting ceremony

Video of Jo blowing out the candles

I woke up early to prepare Tom's Bento on Friday. Packed some of the leftover wings and fried been hoon that I had set aside for him. I also made some sandwiches and buns for another bento.



Saturday was another busy day for me. It was my Cousin Esther's wedding day. I had to iron the clothes that we're wearing for the evening. When Jo napped, I painted my nails. I even had to prepare Jo's dinner with my newly painted nails! Then it was dressing up time before we rushed off to Pan Pacific for the wedding dinner.

I was told that my Gu Ma (whom I have not met for many years and was angry with everyone in the family including me over many petty things such as wedding photos and visiting!) My cousin's family had to endure 2 solid hours of scoldings when she invited her to the wedding. Thankfully, my 6th Uncle (another relative that I have not seen for more than 10 years!)was there to persuade her. My 6th Uncle tho' he ws the youngest appeared to have quite a lot of "power" in the family..... haha....yup, my dad's side are typical traditional Cantonese..... the type you saw on TV..... very fierce and fussy! Nevertheless, I liked my uncle cos he was always laughing and making jokes. Met my Cousin Anthony too. He is the Director of California Gym in Singapore and he gave me his name card so that I can use the gym for free anytime.......yeah.... but don't think I will do that...pai seh you know! Seeing my Gu Ma at the wedding was like meeting the "Dowager".... can be quite scary but I did took some pics with her with the help of my 6th Uncle. As usual, she was very dressed up and for your info, she is almost 70 years old and don't look one bit like it! She does Yoga and well, I think she also had some cosmetic surgeries to maintain her youthful look. I enjoyed the food at the dinner especially the Sharkfins.....so shiok... many big pieces of crabs and fins! My Cousin married a rich guy whose dad own an oil rig.... lucky girl. Her proposal story was pretty much like mine... normal and typical! We went home rather late and Jo was quite grouchy throughout the wedding.

Pics of the Wedding






Videos taken at the Wedding






On Sunday morning, we brought Jo for the Child Dedication service at CEFC. He wasn't very cooperative due to lack of sleep from the night before. You can see pics of him at the service on his blog. In the evening, we had dinner with Gil, Ben and Mich at Ajisen, Bishan. Was glad to be able to catch up with busy Mich cos hadn't seen her for some time. She was as usual, very "tair" to her BF....lol!



Monday was slightly quieter cos Tom had to work in the morning. In the evening, we had a Sum family gathering at "Da Tong" restaurant to celebrate my dad's birthday. We waited for our Gu Ma till almost 9 pm cos she was in JB! We were stuffing our hungry tummys with peanuts while waiting. Food was served immediately uopn her arrival. Even though I was hungry, I didn't really like the food tho' they were ok... wish they could be more generous with the salt. This time, I didn't take any pics of people except for the food.




Tuesday was a bad day for me. To begin with, I had to work even tho' I was very tired (Jo has been waking up in the night for the past few days!)! And to add on to it, I broke a bottle of Kaya while preparing a sandwich for Jo and cut my toe. I had a hard time trying to pick up the glass pieces with blood dripping out from my toe and at same time shouting for Jo to keep away! Tom came back in time to help clean up the remaining mess! This wasn't the worst thing that happened ..... one of my students pooed in class and left behind a tiny piece of his "digested material"...guess who stepped on it??? ME, with my already injured foot.....@$#%#&@&%%$#$@@!!!!!!!!!!!! My mood was really foul that day and couldn't even enjoy my fave Korean food at CWP. Jo stepped on my injured toe while we're shopping at the Pasar Malam and it started to bleed again....grrrrrr! Went home and slept early without using the computer.


So that's my week. Interesting right? I want to have a good dinner and stone in front of my lappy tonight. Btw, I had a massage this morning using my massage seat and felt more refreshed. I gtg, Jo has woken up from his nap and screaming for me now!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 10/31/2008 12:23:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors