SOME UPDATES & RANDOM THOTS
I am back after an eventful weekend. Jo had a bad fall and I had a hard time getting him to take his medicine. Anyway, he has recovered and I am glad it's over! You can check out his blog for pics and more details.

Let me start with my food updates:

Fried some bee hoon and sotong ball eggs for dinner last Thursday. Kept some for Tom's Bento the next day. Tom had a huge bowl of it!


Friday's Bento: Tuna sandwiches with chocolate buns. I tried using seaweed to decorate the bread. Packed the bee hoon in a thermal flask with some pieces of chicken. Tom said this bento kept him really full!




Found these mini donuts at Sheng Shiong and bought them for Jo to try. He only wanted the chocolate donut. But right now, he refused to eat any of it. Think he preferred those with cream on them.



Ever since Ajisen took the Paiku Ramen off their menu, Tom & I had a hard time choosing other stuff to eat when we're there. Last Sat, after bringing Jo to the Homeopath, we had our lunch at Ajisen, IMM. Tried their Seafood Ramen and felt that it tasted like seafood ramen...haha....yes, boring..nothing to rave about. I missed the juicy Paiku and crispy garlic! Why must they take their best selling Ramen off the menu!! We also had our usual side dishes. I was surprised when Jo asked for some noodles. Thot he would be in too much pain to want to eat anything.


Monday's Bento: Made Crab sticks and sausage buns for Tom's bento. Packed in a chicken glutinous rice, swiss rolls and chocolates too. He requested for more of the sausage buns the next time cos he liked them!

Picked Gil from NIE on Monday and we went Jurong Point. That was our first visit to this big mall. It was so crowded. Well, no surprise cos there were 3 food courts and even a mini Japanese street food area. Think you can find almost all the fast food places here too. We settled for Kopitiam Food court, the biggest food court in JP. The food was pretty satisfying for us. Gil's Tom Yum noodles were so potent that she had to remove her jacket. DH had minced meat noodles which he claimed will never go wrong if you couldn't decide what to eat. I had a delicious bowl of Curry Yong Tao Fu. The curry was really thick and "shiok" but the stall owner was irritatingly rude! Tom & Gil bought a massage thingy from OSIM too. Think we will be here every Monday after fetching Gil.

The Japanese Street


Cooked some pasta for dinner yesterday. I tried replacing the whipping cream with full cream evaporated milk and the pasta turned out quite nice. But I still think using whipping cream to make the sauce is still the best choice although it also the more expensive choice!


That's all for my food updates.

Some really, really random thots:

- I hope I am doing the right thing....
- I need to start doing that again.......
- Missing someone, wonder how is she?
- The hardest thing to do is to keep someone else's secret, esp the deep dark ones.....
- When you have more, you just suddenly don't feel like having another one again.
- I hope it works for me......
- Will I find my footing soon?
- Is it true that you're really "making use" of people? Hope not cos I really respect you.
- Kids these days are so smart and opinionated
- Slimming down is just so hard
- So happy to see him doing well.
- Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes!
- I think I am falling for you...... (don't think too much, it's not a man!)


Ok now on to something lighter. Mamma Mia is the must watch movie of the year(IMO)! Watched it yesterday and feels like watching it again. Luv the songs and dance! I have always love musical and if you like Hairspray, you will like this too! Even tho' the songs are not from my generation (yes, I am that young...keke!), I simply enjoyed it. I never know Meryl Streep can be so agile...really funny to see her prancing around! And Pierce Brosnan must be the sexiest man alive....oh my goodness, he is so charming...... those to die for dimples and that killer smile.... I swear if he ever asks me out for a date (fat hope I know!), I will forget Tommy for a day (kidding dear, kidding!)!

MAMMA MIA - TRAILER


MAMMIA MIA - THE BEST SONGS


Signing off, THE DANCING QUEEN

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 10/09/2008 12:16:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors