JB TRIP, CEFC 30TH ANNIVERSARY, MY GRANNY'S BD AND MY USUAL UPDATES
We went JB for a shopping and pedicure trip with Gil, Daryl & Dawn. I simply adore my pink and "bling bling" nails but my dear boy stepped on it while jumping around me. So I had to get a nail polish of a similar shade and some bling gel from Skin Food to repaint it....GRRRRR! We had KFC (Holiday plaza) for lunch and dinner at a Japanese Restaurant (City Sq). This was my 2nd time at the Jap restaurant and I must say the food was good..... felt really full and satisfied after dinner! We did not have any extra space for Baskin Robins' ice-cream which I so badly wanted to eat.... well never mind, will try it on our next trip to JB. Here are the pics.





On Sunday morning, we attended CEFC 30th Anniversary at Suntec Convention Hall. Was glad that we went. The testimony by Gurmit Singh (yes, PCK!) really touched my heart and at some point gave me goosebumps cos it could only be the hands of God moving in his life... A MIRACLE! Btw, he mentioned that he loved singing and I managed to record some parts of his song presentations..... I tell you...he has an amazing vocal!

Gurmit singing 1



Gurmit singing 2



Ps. Edmund's sermon on "Going Forth with Joy" encouraged me to find Joy in God in whatever circumstances I am in.... quite a timely message for me cos I have been pondering whether I should have another one...... I need the faith and courage to go thru' the whole ordeal again!



In the evening, we managed to get an "appointment" with Ps. Benny with the help of Danny (Thks bro!) Tho' we waited for almost an hour cos he had another meeting before us, it was all worth it! Good things are worth waiting for...hehehe.... we had fun sharing and as usual, Ps. Benny gave some wise advices. One of which was on finding a the right spouse. He mentioned that we needed (actually directed to Suling & Regina cos I am married!)to choose between a Playmate, Partner or Soul mate when choosing our other half. I personally felt that all 3 are important. Your spouse needs to be someone that you can have fun with, work with and share with! Anyway, he prayed for all of us and we left his room feeling refreshed and encouraged.


After meeting him, we went to Allson Hotel for my grandma's birthday buffet dinner at Cafe Fountainbleau. Tho' the spread was simple and and mostly local fare, I enjoyed them. The salmon was fresh, the double boiled soup was tasty and my favourite was the laksa! Even the black pepper beef and fried fish were good. I had a great time chatting with my aunties and cousin Jolen. My prince ate some crackers and rice. His gong gong even managed to bribe him with 2 servings of ice-cream..... you should see how happy he was that day!

Dinner at Allson Hotel



Ok now for all my usual update on food and finds.....

Went marketing at Sheng Siong last week and was surprised that they had become so organised and clean. There were more space and stuffs to look at. We bought the yummy otahs too. I think we will be buying our groceries from SS now cos the things are cheaper and have more varieties to choose from.

Bento and dinner I prepared last week.....

Content: Caramel corn, kaya buns, Rocher, Glutinous rice, sausages, curry buns and Otah sandwiches.


Black bean with prawns, sotong balls and mushrooms fried rice. I also deep fried some prawn paste drumsticks. Packed some for Mich who was in a rush to fetch her darling.

My SIL came this afternoon with her "na shou" sambal prawns..... it was really hot but very addictive......shiok! We chatted for a long time and decided to visit her at her place next week. Yeah, I can see my nephew Ryan!


Shall end this post with 2 "congrats":

1) Happy 21st Birthday Rachel, welcome to adulthood!
2)
Congrats to Daphne for graduating with As!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 8/27/2008 09:05:00 AM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors