A LOT OF ME IN THIS POST....... A LITTLE BIMBOIC TOO...LOL!
This post is a lot about me.....haha...... Let's start with "Me Moving On"....... yes....to this new place on 3rd August..... looking forward to the smell and clean toilets of this newly constructed building plus the beautiful cross......... Nice ya?


Went shopping for Jo's toys on Sunday at Toa Payoh (See his blog for more!). Did some window shopping too. Gil got ME a bottle of Small Pea Body Spray as an advanced birthday present. She bought a Cucumber Melon spray for herself. I luv the sweet smelling fragrance. Thks Gil!


We had dinner at our current fave eatery in Toa Payoh. Tried their Special Seafood Toast..... nothing special at all...... but their chicken was still as good..... like the curry too!


I realized that I have quite a number of facial products...... and I am still adding on more....... maybe a mask and a night cream might just complete my collection....... the older you get (turning 31 soon), the more you need to take care of your skin plus my skin is not exactly very healthy! As you can tell, I am a great fan of Avene products cos they are made for sensitive skin..... only problem is that they are rather pricey! Recently bought a Silkpro blackhead remover....been searching for one that suit my vulnerable skin and found this exfoliator that can soothe sensitive skin.....yeah....not cheap too....50ml for $21 plus. Loreal Lip & Eye makeup remover is fantastic too...... bought this yesterday........ cheap and good...... perfect for removing waterproof makeup! Btw, these are just for my face, you haven't seen my hair and body care products yet....keke!




I rebonded my hair for the 10th time yesterday. Been on a hunt for a reasonably priced and good salon cos my previous salon has increased their prices......$350 for rebonding......crazy or what..... are you trying to rip me! I found out that rebonding prices have increased even neighbourhood salon are charging $250. Finally found this salon in Toa Payoh that is well furnished, clean and more affordable ($200 nett). I was quite skeptical at first but seeing that they used Loreal products brought some relief.

Before I had my hair done, I went for my favourite Hot Chocolate at Delifrance....... just the right amount of chocolate and sugar for me..... it comes with a chocolate chip and coffee cookie. I couldn't finished it cos it was a pretty big cup. It was nice to have a drink peacefully..... a good 15 minutes break for me.


Back to the salon. I must say that this is one of the best hair service I ever received compared to all those biggies (JY, KM, JZ....etc) ....... let me explain my verdict:

1. They were friendly but not fake....... you know how some people can be too friendly!

2. The salon is clean and well furnished.

3. I was told to put on a canvas robe before my hairdo and she also covered me with a big canvas sheet before doing my hair. My clothes was clean and dry right till the end. I was also served water with lemon and also a tray of snacks. They even asked if I wanted tea, coffee, green tea or milo! Very thoughtful right?

4. The toilet is clean and nice smelling. I didn't even know that behind the cupboard-like door was a pantry and toilet!

5. The hairdresser will tell you what she put on your hair and what it does..... it was the first time I was ever introduced to the chemicals that were placed on my head! So comforting to know that they are using good products.

6. No hard selling of hair products...... something which I hated at JY salon. My hairdresser Vivien even gave me some tips on hair care. She is a very "devoted" hairdresser....refused to have her lunch until my hair is done at 6pm! I kept asking her to eat but she said she wanted to make sure her job is done before she can settle down for a meal.

7. There are lots of good magazines to read..... I found 女人我最大 magazine on the shelf! Had a great time reading them.

8. They played nice soothing music and had me humming away...... "I see your true colours.... blah blah....

9. At the end of the session, a warm towel was placed on my neck to release pressure and cleaned up whatever residue that was left behind...... very considerate to look into such details.

10. Most importantly, my hair look great! It's not easy to achieve good rebonding results on hair that has been damaged by rebonding chemicals 9 times! Btw, the shop is called "Cabello Casa".... with a name like this, you wouldn't really go wrong!

At the salon:

Here's me flaunting my new hair do with Tommy.......


Some pics of food before I end.....



TA TA!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 7/25/2008 12:11:00 PM |


1 Comments:


  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Beauty Undercover

    Dear Sumbebejo

    I’m Agent G from Beauty Undercover, a website reviewing hair and beauty salons in Singapore
    While searching online, we came across your blog commenting on Cabello Casa at Toa Payoh.

    Would you mind if we publish an excerpt of your blog post and link to your page here: http://www.beautyundercover.sg/hair/cabello-casa-toa-payoh

    Your blog post would help others know more about an experience at the salon, make a better salon decision and at the same time, increase your blog traffic.

    Let us know and hope you have a great week ahead.

    Warm Regards
    Agent G

     
Free Cursors