UPDATES & FOOD AGAIN!
Hmm....where should I start? ok...let's begin with the new product from Mcdonald's: ONION RINGS. I have always love onion rings but I don't really like these from Mac. Too bland and dry for my liking. Preferred Bk and Carl Junior's version. Mac should just stick to frying french fries.


Gil bought some interesting chiffon cakes for us. They look really cute. Not to mention soft and fluffy too! I like the fact that they are not too sweet. Think Daph bought these cakes for us before...right Daph?

She also made some "Ba Zhangs" for us. They tasted like a mixed of Nyonya and Teochew dumplings. Yum yum......Thks Gil!

Tried this tempura snack from Tao Kae Noi. It was crispy and salty..... perfect for me...hee

Saw this sweet looking guitar for girls at Balmoral Plaza on Saturday and I couldn't resist taking a pic of it with my hp. My dream guitar la..... yellow, pink & purple...... pink strap........ butterflies & flowers too..... I want it!

These kawaii miniature toys were on display at Taka. Was there shopping with my niece and nephew on Saturday night. I have always dream of collecting them. Yup, dream only cos no space for display plus Jo might swallow them thinking that they are real food.


Was awaken by a loud, "Testing Mic, 123 testing......" at 8 am on Sunday morning. My dear son woke up early too. There was a children funfair organised by the RC at near my place, in fact, just downstairs! I decided to bring Jo to the funfair. I bought a goody bag and Polar swiss rolls for $3. There were also free candy floss. Lots of balloons too. We even applied for the OCBC baby bonus account. Save us the trouble of going to the bank! See pics......


Had dinner with Daryl, Jerome & Gil at Tong Shui Cafe. Missed the 2 guys cos have not seen them for some time. It was great catching up with them. I have come to a conclusion about the food at TSC (sorry for being so random!)..... they are definitely below average except for their Peanut butter and condensed milk toast (the best!)! Their signature baked rice tasted bland and boring. Daryl's Fish & Chips were nothing to rave about. I will still be back but only for their toast.



Went to the dental clinic with Gil on Monday. Have not seen the dentist ever since Jo was born. They have upgraded their clinic.... mac powerbook..... sunshades, x-ray room..... wow, he must be doing well! Other than 4 holes that needed to be filled, the dentist suggested that I get braces cos I have a a bad bite. Been thinking of getting them but was afraid of the pain plus no $$$$! Gil hasn't seen a dentist for almost a decade so the condition of her teeth was pretty bad (see her blog). Here's pics of the dental office and a "cool" looking (she was far from cool!) Gil on the chair. Jo also had his first experience on the dental chair (see his blog). Dr Jon Paul was as usual, funny and charming!


Von, Kei & Leslie came over to my place for dinner last night. Von was the main Pasta chef. She used Leggo's cream sauce and the pasta turned out slightly sourish but still yummy! The fresh baby shitake mushrooms were yucky. I hated the musky taste so I tried masking the taste with lots of garlic, pepper and Hua Tiao Jiu! Kei & Leslie liked them but I still could taste the musky part. I love mushrooms but definitely not these! Thks Von for cooking and buying the groceries. I would really like to try your Ginger Chicken dish...keke!



I hope you're not drooling from all the pics of food...hahaha!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 6/11/2008 02:10:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors