JB, JB, JB...... IT'S MOSTLY ABT JB!
Had these usual pasta for dinner with Von & Mich last week at Pasta Mania. At the same time trying out my mobile to see if it could take pics of food clearly. Think it's too blurry to look appetising.... well at least they remembered my green peas!

Had lunch at Pu Tien (Hing Hwa) Restaurant last Saturday after hearing Gil raved about their yummy food. Her uncle gave them a treat at the Bendemeer branch. We went to another branch in Jalan Basar cos they had air-con and nice decor! After tasting some of the food, Gil felt that the quality of the food was not as good as what she had at Bendemeer. For me, the food was ok except for the Spinach with salted and century egg...tasteless....even the garlic tasted like bland potato. Of all the dishes, I liked the Deep Fried Brinjal wih Pork Floss most. Think will give the Bendemeer's branch a try the next time.


Now for the JB's part. Brought my mom and aunt together with Gil to JB for manicures and pedicures......... super cheap and nice.....keke! Before the pampering session, we had lunch at Teck Sing which was famous for their Herbal chicken (I still think Zhu Lin has the best Herbal Chicken in JB!) and Curry Fish Head. Tried their food twice before (this was my third.) and thot that they were pretty good and reasonably priced.

At Teck Sing Restaurant

After lunch, we went over to Holiday Plaza for our Mani & Pedi..... I did not do any that day as I wanted to have mine done on Wednesday for a wedding dinner on Saturday. So here's the pics of Gil, my mom & aunty's beautiful nails......

I went shopping and bought myself some leggings and toiletries while waiting for the ladies. When they were done, my mom and aunt had to buy new sandals so as not to spoiled their beautifully painted nails! We popped over to City Square for a quick shopping trip and had our dinner at Kim Gary Hong Kong Cafe. Tom was in a foul mood cos the place was stuffy and it gave him a really bad sinus plus Jo was misbehaving himself..... sigh.... Anyway, I find their food quite disappointing... maybe I just need to pick the right one cos they have too many items on their menu..... sometimes too many varieties can spoil the quality... you know what I mean? My Chicken Chop Baked rice was bland and boring. The chicken chop was dry and almost tasteless. Gil's curry was ok. The hot stone rice was normal except that it was very hot...haha...duh! Jo's Nissin noodles tasted exactly like Chu Qian Yi Ding instant noodles. Tom's Honey Ribs with Mushroom rice was surprisingly the nicest of the lot! I liked the sweet and salty mushroom rice but the portion was measly. The drinks were alright. Gil's Pomelo drink was the most appetising. I still think I would want to give their food a second try again cos I believe there must be something good in a crowded restaurant! Below are the pics of the food that we tried......




After dinner, we went to top up petrol for my dad's car and got jam for almost two hour at the Causeway..... Jo fell asleep in the car and reached home near midnight.

Yesterday, we were back in JB to get my nails done. We had lunch at MacDonald, Holiday Plaza. I liked the onions rings ...way better than Singapore's! They were crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside......yummy! Tried their Spicy Chicken wrap...nothing special except that they were generous with their lettuce! Gil had the Chicken Foldover. Luv the colourful vege on her foldover..... looked really healthy! And yes, they served my fave Ribena too!



After lunch, it's off to the nail parlour. I had my first French Manicure..... luv the candy pink...so sweet! Hopefully they will last till Saturday! It's certainly doesn't help with me typing away now...hee.....

Tom's favourite pastries in JB!
We went over to City Square to shop for shoes and make-up. Bought some magazines too. Had dinner at Nanting Restaurant cos my aunt highly recommended it. After trying the food, I understand why my aunt and mom liked them cos they tasted like home-cooked food...simple and delicious. It wasn't like the best food around but it suited our taste buds. Gil, Tom & I liked their signature tofu dish most..... we were happy to find century eggs in it and the fried shrimps went well with the bland tofu.....will come back here again when I craved for simple comfort food like these!

At Nanting Restaurant




We waited for almost an hour at the Causeway and reached home about 9.30 pm. My dad got us some durians for supper. Tom was elated!

Back to Singapore....... We brought Jo to the hair-dresser today. He sat on his own quietly for the first time..... yeah..... of course, we distracted him with Gummy Bears! But we were so glad to see him feeling less afraid of getting his hair cut.

Ok that's all for my little rendezvous in JB, got to go and watch my fave "Nu Ren Wo Jui Ta" now....nite!

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 7/03/2008 11:15:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors