"LIVE" FOOD & BGR
Went to the zoo yesterday morning. Jo wasn't really in the best of shape but judging by the way he kept saying he wanted to go to the zoo again in between sneezes, I think he really enjoyed this trip! Will bring him to see his fave elephants the next time.


Here comes the "LIVE" Food bits....hehe....

We had dinner at Chuan Huat Steamboat Buffet Restaurant on Wednesday with Gil, Von and Les. This was Tom and my second time there. Love the varieties and like the fact that I didn't have to grill my own meat cos there were 2 chefs in the restaurants doing that for us. There were also some cooked food and desserts. The eclairs were excellent (I don't usually like sweet stuff but these were heavenly!) and we had several rounds of mango puddings cos you need to pay for drinks. Oh ya, got to agree that they have the best (IMO)Tom Yum soup around. Made all the food taste so yummy! I must say the price of $18.90 nett per pax was very reasonable for the kind of food they served. They even gave each customers one portion of crab and some "live" prawns for the steamboat. Will definitely be back for more.



Video of my failed attempt to capture the "Live" prawns struggling in the hot soup......hahahahha...... call me psychotic!




I had another round of "live" food fun while cooking Okonomiyaki for the first time last night. Don't worry, it's not really alive! Here are some pics.

Before putting the toppings




Verdict: Tom liked it and said it was better than what they were selling outside! But well you know, he's my hb so his opinions are biased but I like it ...keke! I felt that the batter can be improved and the next time, I will use less egg and put in more ingredients. Here's a video of my bonito coming "alive"!




A bento I did this morning at 4.45 am.



Kaya & Butter Sushi Bread and Heart Shaped Sandwiches with Crab sticks filling.

Mini Curry Buns and Siew Mai with some snacks plus 4 big Pork Buns. Tom needs meat to fill him up.

BGR
A couple of my young friends are getting into relationships. These people are really funny, they broke off and get attached at almost the same time. Being their "older friend", I tended to be the first to know when they got hitched! Well, I am happy for them. Their relationships are interesting too. Ranging from super complicated to extremely "xin fu"! My only wish and even prayers are that they are happy in their new found love and for some "old love". Yes, being happy in a relationship is important. It's what keep it going too. But do remember your friends around you. They are your pillars of support and God's tangible help and comfort in difficult times. So keep up with those friendships that you have built over the years. You never know when you will need a shoulder to cry on or even someone to laugh with over the stuff you're experiencing with your BFs or GFs! Here's a cute video for all the love birds out there!

DISNEY COUPLES - A MOMENT LIKE THIS
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 9/26/2008 12:49:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors