ON A JAPANESE FOOD MARATHON!
Yes, that's what I've been eating for the past one week...... Mostly Japanese food. It was Sushi Tei with Shawn and Adelyn on Saturday. The food was better than I expected and the portions were huge! Luv chatting with Ade and Shawn. They are not your usual "Hallelujah, Praise the Lord" type of Christians. They are real people with real problems in lives to deal with. Shawn, an almost 50 year old single man working in church whose unpretentious and straight-forward way of speaking always tickled me. Ade, a confident and strong lady used to work in church and she is always the type of person that every boss hates to do without. She gave Jo a bag of Baby Gap shirts on that day..... lucky boy! Our dinner was on her too. Hope to meet them soon again.




We gave Regina a birthday dinner treat at Tomoe Japanese Restaurant. All of us ordered bentos and Regina enjoyed her Unagi Bento very much. This is one place that we dined in quite frequently. Simple and nice Japanese fare. Suling was with us too. after dinner, we went over to Tong Shui Cafe for some drinks while waiting for Calvin. A group of kids were there and they were Thomas' fans..... Jo was elated to see the little engines on their tables. They even shared their toys with him.




On Monday, we had a cheaper Japanese meal at NTU foodcourt. We were so happy when Gil told us our fave Jap stall was reopened at the new food court. Well, the prices had increased by 50 cents due to higher rent but Gil & I still thought it was worth the money.... yummy! Jo had the famous fish ball noodles and Tom had "xiao wan guo" noodles plus Chicken chops. The best part was that our food cost us less then $20....cheap, cheap, cheap! Will be having our dinners here every Monday now when we picked Gil up from NIE. See pics below for our scrumptious dinner.




We took a break from Japanese food on Tues and had Korean food at my fave stall in CWP's food court. I always order their Saba and Chicken hotplate whenever I am dinning there. Think I am in love with Saba these days....hee..... but I will gladly give the Kim Chi a miss!



Then it was back to Japanese food yesterday when I met up with my "very long time no see" BF. Miss this girl sooooooo much! I am really glad to see her smiling and looking as gorgeous as ever. We literally gorged ourselves with food at Shokudo. We spent about $60 and that's a lot for just the 2 of us. It was her first time there and she liked the food. We had a great time catching up. Ale had to eat every 2 hours (Doc's advise) cos she was soooooooooooo super thin .... weighing only 38kg..... goodness, I am almost 20kg heavier than her loh.... I looked like some sumo wrestler beside this sexy babe. After our heavy lunch, We went for a walk. And within less than 2 hours, she was feeling hungry and had a waffle (the big one hor!) and ice-cream at Gelare. See pics for our feast at Shodoku....you'll be horrified!





My beautiful friend and I. We looked like Milk and Chocolate beside each other.... it's not difficult to tell who's the Chocolate right?



Monday's Bento: Indo Mee with Sotong/Prawn balls and fried chicken. Some pastries (baked by Suling) and sandwiches.


Some people commented that I talked way too much about food these days and I am becoming more and more "Xian Ci Liang Mu"...haha..... Maybe my wifely and motherly instincts are finally showing up after almost 9 years of marriage. In other words, I am becoming more "Aunty"...die la.....

But all is not gone for me yet, here's the girlish side of me...hehe. Saw these Bambi Swarovski Crystals while waiting for Ale at Raffles City and I fell instantly in love with it. These must be their prettiest crystals they have ever created..... The Bambi Collection...... so sweet especially the pink butterfly on Bambi's tail! Couldn't resist taking 2 pics of it secretly with my hp!

These 2 pics were from the website..... so cute right?





These were what I saw....they even have Tinkerbell but didn't take any pic of it.


It will be another Japanese meal tonight cos I am cooking Seafood Udon in Miso Soup....yeah!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 10/16/2008 12:07:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors