A LOADFUL OF UPDATES AND THOTS
It's been weeks since I blog so I will be blabbering a lot here.............. yes........ a loadful of updates and thots......... hmm........... let's start with ............. MY PRECIOUS LITTLE BOY !
I have been spending a lot of time with him doing "special things" (that's what I tell him every time we do something together!). We painted, sculpted, fixed, coloured, drew and read countless books. Yup, I am raising a Picasso..... haha......... don't believe? See the pics below and his blog.



His first abstract paintings....keke!

Tom & I were impressed with what this 2 year old boy could do and say. We discovered that he likes to read................ A LOT! He is always digging into the shelves for books and bringing them to us to read to him. Sometimes, we got tired of repeating the same stories but he has his way of getting us to read them! Think will order more books for him online cos I need a change.... hahaha!

His new fave VCD is "Bananas in Pyjamas" and we only have one (given by Tom's SIL) and no where else is selling it. Heard it is banned for being "noneducational"........ honestly, this show is really stupid....... 2 bananas & 3 teddies doing silly things. We always try to get him to watch other shows but sometimes we give in and let him watch his "Xiang Jiao viva" (only those who had seen the show will know what this is!).

Joash is still as fussy with food and has stopped eating porridge. He likes pasta and noodles. I have given up getting angry with his pickiness.......... if he doesn't like the food and pushes it away, I will throw them all away. Hope he will put on more weight too!

I can fully understand and sympathise with those who lost their limbs......(sorry for being so random cos I just type whatever that comes to my mind) With my temporary broken ankle, I can't walk fast, carry Joash, clean the house..........etc and that makes me very grumpy! Right now, I am off crutches and cast.......... still in ankle guard and learning to walk properly............ I am beginning to appreciate the ability to move about freely!

We celebrated Gil's birthday last Saturday. Jo drew a pic for him on the bd card (see his blog for more). Bought Zi cha for dinner and gave her a "xin yao" cd. See slide and video below.




Cake Cutting Ceremony


I have been watching lots of movies at home........ 27 dresses, water horse, step up 2, meet the spartan, Juno........ etc! I need entertainment, most importantly, I need to SHOP big time...... I miss the mall, the clothes, the people, the smell...................... that brings me to the next topic.

We visited CEFC on Sunday and Ps. Edmund preached a simple and inspiring message. These are what I remembered -

1) Smell - He & I shared the same fave smell, the smell of a "fresh" baby....... he asked if we emit the fragrance of Jesus when we served Him. We can go about serving and not emitting Jesus' fragrance. Do we have the Fruit of the Spirit in our lives? It's about the being and not the doing!

2) We need 2 wings to fulfil our God-given destiny: A sense of Destiny and a sense Desperation. Destiny - boldness, Desperation - humility.

3) Is Christ sufficient for you? When everything is gone, can you say "Jesus is enough for me." ? Reminded me of a song that I used to sing in HWMC long time ago........

Jehovah Jireh, my Provider
You are more than enough for me
Jehovah Rophe, you're my Healer
By Your stripes, I've been set free
Jehovah Shammah, you are with me
To supply all my needs
You are more than enough
Oh, you are more than enough,
You are more than enough for me.

Good reminder for all of us. I like the place but not the nursery. Maybe it's too small for so many kids and adults. Still like the nursery at Trinity best - big & clean! We'll be at Trinity this Saturday again.

Being at home, made me crave for good food............. I want to eat......

1) Dim Sum at Dragon Gate restaurant. Had a dissatisfied meal at Swee Chin and that made me crave for nice dim sum............ I need to feel satisfied with my food......haha............

2) Japanese food at Kuishin-bo......... I want to sink my teeth into cold snow crabs, crispy tempura, fresh raw salmon.................... feed me pls!

3) Grilled chicken chop at Vines........... I like the baked potatoes.....and the sour cream....and the bacon....... and the sauce.......

4) Steamboat & BBQ at Yuki Yaki....... the balls are yummy.......keke.......

5) Cheap Thai food at Bei sheng but I also want green curry which they don't served.......... Siam Kitchen for their Green curry.............

This talk about food is making me hungry. I am going to take a break for a snack now. Tata!

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 4/01/2008 12:51:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors