UPDATES
Here's my back-dated and latest updates with lots of beautiful pics of people and food!

15/11/08, Saturday - Qiang's 21st Birthday Celebration @ Allson Hotel

Nice food and great company. They served mostly local fare and my DH enjoyed the buffet very much. As for me, I wished there were more varieties! Qiang had lost 30 kg after entering NS for only 3 months.... the Army is the best slimming centre! He used to weigh a hefty 113 kg..... I want to join the Army!

Pics of Qiang's BD


Cake Cutting Ceremony Video


After that weekend, Jo fell sick and I caught his bug too! My dad got me these from his China trip. Sweet ya....he's the best!



22/11/08, Saturday - Dim Sum Buffet @ Dragon Gate Restaurant

We had Dim Sum buffet with Kenneth on Saturday morning. This young man had just returned from his Taiwan Army training trip and we're glad to be able to catch up with him. He is another life testimony of why the Army is the best slimming centre ! Jo & I were still coughing during lunch and I was having a terrible headache. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the Dim Sum. Dragon Gate has always been one of my fave place for these bite-size snacks.

Pics of the Dim Sum

We did not attend Church the following day cos Tom had an emergency case to attend and I was too terribly ill to get out of the house! For the whole of that week, we stayed at home so as not to spread our love around. So It was home-cooked food from Monday to Thursday. Yes, I was craving for my own cooking...hee hee..... Our niece and nephew came over for an overnight stay on Friday.

Monday's dinner - Steamed Minced Pork with Mushrooms, Baby Asparagus with Fish balls and Rice.



Tuesday's dinner - Prepared this simple Seafood Udon in Miso Soup cos I had to work that day.



Wednesday's dinner - Japanese Rice bowl: Long Bean Eggs, Crab sticks Salad and Grilled Eel Fish. I love long bean eggs and had been craving for it for a long time! Tom had a ginormous bowl of it. I cooked 2 1/2 cups of rice that day and think Tom ate almost 3/4 of that pot of rice! Quite scary ya?



Thursday's dinner - Pastries made from Roti Pratas: Tuna and Sausages. Creamy Broccoli and Shrimps with Udon. I had fun making the pastries cos they were easy to prepare and yummy! Will make this for my upcoming Family Christmas Party.





Video of my puffs


28/11/08. Friday - Dim Sum Lunch @ Mayim with SIL Anna

I met up with my SIL and had a nice Dim Sum lunch. She highly recommended this place. Jo & I took a bus and MRT to West Mall..... No, you're not seeing things, I single-handedly brought my son out..... haha.... no big deal? But it was a big deal for me alright..... I am not a very independent mom and I am not ashamed of that fact....keke! My DH loves me too much to see me "suffering" on public transport with a tot in hand. Btw, I take public transport if I am out on my own. Jo was so excited throughout his ride on the train and kept talking about Thomas non-stop....... poor boy, his mom is the cause of his "suakuness"! Back to the dim sum. I felt the food was pretty good. Would like to try their lunch and dinner menu too.

Pretty SIL Anna, "Antique" Utensils, Various Condiments and Delicious Century Eggs Porridge.



Tasty Shrimps Chee Cheong Fun rolls, Chicken Feet and Fatty Pork Ribs. I tried one little "toe" of that feet thingy and thot was quite good but did not take anymore as I wasn't used to sucking feet! The Pork Ribs was a great disappointment cos it was too fatty...yucks!!



Deep-fried Shrimp Dumplings, Juicy XLB, Crispy Carrot Cakes but we were too full to eat that Glutinous Rice. Brought back for Tom and he said it was very nice.



30/11/08 - Dinner @ Shokudu with the Gang

We ordered lots of food to share. Honestly, the food wasn't as good as it looked! But the curry was still "shiok"!



We're so glad to meet up with Rachel who had just returned for a holiday in Sg. This babe is still as crazy and fun to be around with. Somehow, I think she is quite bored back here. Everyone has to work and most of her kakis are in NS. Anyway her Bf is around so can keep her company.

We were cam-whoring after dinner.I wasn't in the best of mood to pose for pics so I am not in the pics below. We bought those donuts from JCo for our dear Ra who had been craving for them in Perth!



That's all for the update. I need a break now...neck aching from lying down to type cos Jo wanted me to sleep with him in the room.....tsk tsk....

* Latest update: I am soooooooooooo happy...... getting my new cam in 3 days' time cos the old one was beyond repair..... love the Canon people for advising my Hb to trade in and top up $ for a new one and love my hb for taking their advice. We're getting Canon IXUS 85 IS! HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 12/03/2008 12:28:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors