FATHER'S DAY SPECIAL
FATHER'S DAY WITH THE TANS





We went to Toa Payoh last Saturday to visit Tommy's parents. It wasn't to celebrate Father's Day cos it's not in their tradition. We wanted to just let them see Joash and give hong bao. They are very traditional type but nice nevertheless. Joash was a little scare when he entered the house but after some warming up (I had to give him yogurt to calm him down!), he started to play with my in laws. I can tell that they really like Joash a lot. My MIL told Tommy that my FIL thinks that Joash is very handsome but being traditional....they are not supposed to say nice things in front of the kids...... strange! My FIL kept asking us to visit them more regular so that Joash can recognise them........... i just smile....cos I am not in the habit of visiting....haha....not even my own parents........ my parents visit me instead.............. so bad right????? BTW, Tommy is the seventh kid in the family, that's why his parents looks much older than mine. His mom had him at 38! They are very productive people......... hee........ last time got no recreation so when bored, just do la....if you know what I mean! We left at about 9 plus.


FATHER'S DAY WITH THE SUMS






On the other hand, the Sum Family is the super happening type............. loud and siao............ My parents used to leave us with my grandma when we were kids just so that they can go disco till next morning! Terrible right............... now I know where my siaoness comes from.... it's all in the genes. My family always have a reason to celebrate....from birthdays to Christmas to Mom's day and sometimes.......even Labour day!

We celebrated Father's Day at Kam Yum Boat Dim Sum Restaurant at Marina Sq. This is like my 3rd time eating in this restaurant this year. But this is the nicest dinner of all! We ordered the "Buddha Jumps Over The Wall" Set meal. It's my dad's treat but we got to give him big ang baos. We had lots of good food...... see pics! As usual......here goes my comments & ratings:

1) Buddha Jumps Over The Walls: The soup is sweet and nice tho' I felt they could add a bit more salt but everyone seems to be fine with it. The abalone and shark fins were yummy but on the small side. I like the chicken most....... cos it's so tender till it melts in my mouth! 8/10

2) Thai Sauce Scallop & Fish Cake: This is my fave! It's crisy and soft on the inside........ the sauce is sweet and nice altho' I think I can taste some coriander leaves (I hate them!).......... but the rest of the sauce masked it's taste quite well. I wish I could have more....one piece not enough! 9/10

3) Deep Fried Sook Hock Fish: One word - GOOD! Joash likes it too! 8/10

4) Roasted Chicken: Tender and crispy.... even the breast meat is soft. Joash ate quite a lot of chicken! 8/10

5) EE FU noodles with scallops: This is like the whiter version of the usual ee fu noodles plus lots of fried scallops. It is ok....... not something that I would crave for. 7/10

6) Cantonese Dumpling: This is my first time tasting it. Quite nice & salty. There are meat, scallops, mushroom and chestnuts in it. And it's HUGE..... One dumpling can be shared among 4 persons. 7/10

7) Desserts: YUMMY! The mango pudding is must try...... creamy with real mangoes....... Joash love it! The Gui ling Gao is the fave of everyone on the table. Red bean soup & Chin Teng are nice too! 8/10

8) Service: The Manager is my dad's friend so we got lots of freebies and discount. She is very friendly. She even prepared a mango pudding for my son plus kept reminding me to take my things. She also helped me to heat up Joash's milk. What a sweet lady! 9/10

Needless to say, I will return for more! Whoever likes cantonese cuisine should try the food there. We had a great time together. I love you daddy!

And yes...... we met Jenny and her family at the restaurant too. They were sitting behind us....... so "qiao"!

Before I end my post....................... just want to tell my dearest HB that he is the best Papa that Joash can ever have! I love you and.......

HAPPY BELATED FATHER'S DAY!

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 6/20/2007 02:55:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors