ASHER'S 3RD BIRTHDAY

We attended Asher's 3rd Birthday Party on Saturday. As usual we were late tho' we're not the latest.......phew! The hall was filled with many colourful balloons. And of course...... Asher's favourite balloon was the one with Thomas on it! Now....a little details of the party:

1. Decor - They spent about $200 on the decor and balloons. But it was worth it cos Asher adores balloons and some of the decor can be reused.

2. Food - The food was good. Ale catered from http://www.uncleaw.iwish.sg/index.html (Uncle Aw's Kitchen). I had the privileged to choose the food with Ale........... that's why I say it was good.....haha! And I will be ordering from them for parties. Here's the rating for each item -

Bee Hoon - Right texture with lots of Char Siew and vegetables....... nice 7/10

Curry Vegetables - Lots of Brinjals (Ale & my faves) so if you don't like them....you will not like it. It's not too spicy and goes well with the bee hoon 8/10

Asparagus with Scallops - Real scallops with lots of asparagus and thick gravy...... no complains..... 8/10

Stir Fried Fish Slices - My favourite dish for all........ no funny fishy taste and the fish were cut into thick slices. The gravy is so yummy....... 9/10

Tofu with Mushroom - An ok dish cos the tofu is a little hard 6/10

Gong Pao Frog Legs - Delicious but a bit too bony for me. It's Tommy's favourite. He took heaps of it! 7/10

Fatty Pork with Fermented Bean Sauce - Hates fatty pork so not going to rate it.

Fish Maw Soup - Contain generous portion if ingredients and lot of my favourite black wood fungus. Ale finds it a bit too salty but I am fine with it. 7/10

3. Guests - Ale's family and in laws, Chee Leong, Mei Yin & Rayern, Roblyn and family, Dr Toh (she is Asher's Godmummy and my son's PD) and 2 sons, us plus some other friends of Ale. We had fun chatting with Aunty Margaret. She taught us how to cook herbal porridge for Joash to improve his appetite. Chatted with Mei Yin too. She looks nicer with make up (thks to Ale! Too bad, no photos of her.) I was glad to see Dr Toh cos I can ask her about Joash's feeding difficulty. She told me he seems to be teething and it will pass so I am just going to relax and not get stressed over it.

4. Birthday Cake - From 7th Manna, $100 for 2kg. it was a white chocolate cake with cherries and evryone loves it except Ale, Kendrick, Tommy & I.....haha...... and we were the ones (Ale & I) who chose it. It had a very milky taste and was really soft. I had a hard time cutting it! Honestly, I still like my cheap cake from Prima Deli......hee!

The party ended at about 9 pm. We were the 2nd last to leave.

Today is Asher's actual birthday.

ASHER BOY, HAPPY & BLESSED BIRTHDAY! LUV YOU LOTS LOTS..........

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 4/23/2007 12:09:00 AM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors