A DATE WITH ALE AT THE ESPLANADE

Yesterday, we had a great time at the Esplanade with the Lees........ I'm sure you can tell from the pics. But as usual, I've got to give my comments on the food. We had "Malan" food (somekind of china food with a bit of shanghai twist.....). I shall name the dishes here with my comments (upon 10, 10 being the nicest and 1 being horrible!):

1. Stir fried Mushroom & Vege: The only dish that wasn't as salty compared to the rest - 7/10

2. XO Fried Rice: Salty but rather tasty esp when they fried it with my favourite green peas (I know some of you are going to puke!) but it's really nothing special - 7.5/10

3. Chicken Ginseng Soup: The soup tasted like "pond" water (ok not that I have tasted pond water before!). And where's the ginseng???? But the chicken was tender enough but rather tasteless...... I am sure the food court version is better - 3/10

4. Fried Bee hoon: It's SALTY! I think I can fry a better tasting one! All of us felt that they fried the bee hoon with lots of soy sauce - 4/10

5. Pumpkin & Prawn Balls: Sounds nice but it was really not very nice. The skins was too thick and the prawns were not very fresh....... just plain - 4/10

6. Xiao Long Baos: Another SALTY dish.......... it's nothing to crave for....we actually ordered 2 of these, thinking that it might just taste as nice as Crystal Jade ones but...haha.....it's far from it. After having these, I just feels like going Crystal Jade - 4/10

As for the ambience....... my Ale got bitten by mosquitos so many times.......and it's not al fresco dinning mind you....... but funny thing was that none of us except her got bitten......maybe she is just too attractive........ in Kendrick's words........ a magnet to mosquitoes. So if you want to risk having Dengue, by all means......dine there...haha! And yes, this wil be the first and last time we're dinning there!

But like what most people would say......... it's the company that really matters. Ale & I had a ball of a time "cam-whoring" (learnt this term from all the blogs that I read...... sounds crude...... but true to a certain extent!). Our Hbs became nannies cum photographers cos they got to carry the children and take pics for us at the same time. Ale & I felt like we were taking pics for our wedding.......haha! Overall, we had a relaxed and fun evening together......and I'm looking forward to more of such times!

LUV YOU ALE AND A BIG KISSY FOR YOU!

posted by "Sum" Teacher at 3/26/2007 09:12:00 AM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors