MOSTLY GOOD FOOD & FRIENDS PLUS MOTHER'S DAY SPECIAL
I have soooooo many pics to upload, will write less and let the pics do most of the talking!

1) J.CO Donuts (THIS IS ESPECIALLY FOR RACHEL) - Check out their website! http://www.jcodonuts.com/

IMO, J.CO Donuts makes the best donuts in Singapore! Gil, Tom & ...... think Jo agrees too! Tho' I am not a donut lover, I do sometimes enjoy them especially the savoury ones ....me no sweet tooth.....keke! Tried all the big brands before but their donuts are just not as good as J.CO's. Their donuts are soft and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside....... very yummy! These are what we bought (A pity I didn't bring the cam if not the pics would make Rachel homesick!!):





Look at the way Jo gobbled up the donut.... a sure indication that the donut was good!


After buying the donuts, we headed over to Shokudo for dinner. They have the same concept as Marche but the food served are mostly Japanese. We were rather captivated by the decor and food at first sight so in the end, we ordered 5 dishes for 3 of us to share....... many people were staring at our table...keke.......but who cares....I am here to eat! The food were alright.... The Jap Curry Chicken Katsu, Teriyaki Chicken Burger and Mushroom with Cheese omelet were good but the Rosti and Kakiage were a great disappointment. The potatoes were uncooked and the sausage was almost tasteless. The kakiage tasted more like vegetable pancakes cos they were soft on the inside....... think the flour wasn't cooked. Will give these 2 dishes a miss the next round. We met Huiling and family too.....what a small world. Baby Faith is super duper adorable. Plus she really enjoys her food! As I did not bring my cam, the pics were once again dark & blurry....grrrrrrrrrrr.................





2) Last Saturday, I decided to cook cos I couldn't get enough of the Japanese Curry that I had at Shoduku (Btw, they use pre-mixed curry sauce!) and also to fulfill my promise of cooking Jap curry for Ken. So I went to buy a box of S&B curry pre-mixed cubes, CP fried chickens, potatoes, carrots & onions to make my first home-made Japanese curry. The results were pretty good (to me!). I think my guests enjoyed the food too....... I hope!



3) MOTHER'S DAY SPECIAL

Tom bought me a miniature pink Care Bear and some cute purses plus dinner at Fish & Co on Monday. He also woke up early in the morning to secretly post an entry on Jo's blog to wish me Happy Mother's Day with a very adorable MV .................. quite sweet of him........ guess my hint in the previous post works!





We had dinner At Fish & Co on Monday. We wanted to give Gil, Jo's Godma a Mother's Day treat and also to celebrate Mich's entry into the Uni. Here are some pics:


Celebrated Mother's Day with my family too. It was potluck at my aunt's place. I prepared Herbal Chicken cos it required the least preparation! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MAMA!



My niece & nephew also made some chocolate cornflakes cookies for me as a Mother's Day gift.......... so thoughtful & sweet!



4) My nephew Baby Ryan is growing bigger and cuter each day. He weighs about 5 kg at 1 month plus. I am still helping my SIL once a week. Btw, I had a very long & "scary" dream last nite..... I dreamt that I was pregnant and doing all the preggy stuff like seeing a gynea and eating........ I woke up half way in my dream but continued the same dream when I went back to sleep! Guess cos I have been taking care of Ryan and secretly wishing that I could have another baby without going thru' a difficult pregnancy. Just the thought of it brings shivers down my spine.... yes, it's that tough!




5) My K1 kids. They are really a lovely bunch! I took these pics without looking at the screen, that's the reason why some of their heads and faces were "cut off".





6) Gil found this little creature in her fried bee hoon....... yucky!


7) I made this potato salad today cos Mich requested for it! I packed a box for her to bring home and the 3 of us finished the rest.


That's enough pics for the day....time to rest my eyes and fingers. Good nite!
posted by "Sum" Teacher at 5/14/2008 04:06:00 PM |


0 Comments:


Free Cursors